4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

OH Crap Syntheic Oil!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:14 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Default OH Crap Syntheic Oil!!!

Hey guys, today I was in my garage and I seen a bottle of Oil from the last time I serviced my 01 GT and I read it real Close. And in Small Print it said Premium Syntheic Oil, My GT has 44k Miles and has always had just regular Oil no Syntheic I heard you can not do this on cars with mileage or it can tear it up! I just had the EEC fuel unit replaced. Could the Oil affect that? But anyway do I have to keep using Syntheic? Will it tear my engine up if I go back to regular oil? If I have to stick with syntheic can I use any other syntheic I used Ford's Synethic but, does this hurt your engine which will be best and get the most out of your car Regular or Syntheic. Im scared ive messed my car up! Stupid me![sm=jawdrop.gif]
Old 11-26-2005, 08:22 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

Default RE: OH Crap Syntheic Oil!!!

your car is fine.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:24 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Your car will be fine. If you want to stick with synthetic, go with mobil 1 or royal purple. They seem to be the best. If not than any regular oil is good. But yeah, synthetic is better. No damage on your car has been done, dont worry.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

I use valvoline syntec full synthetic 5w-30. It works nicely so far. I might switch to the mobil 1 synthetic or try the new Penzoil platinum they have out. I love working at a car place. Get all of the new stuff b4 every1 else! WOO!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:56 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

i use valvoline semisynthetic and i like it just fine.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:57 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

Hey guys are there any advantages of Syntheic oil over regular Motor Oil? Will my engine last any longer, or have any cleaner burning in the engine. Is any truth to leaning my car out with a CAI Exhaust and the Syntheic. But what are the pros and cons of Syntheic motor oil VS. Regular motor Oil? Thanks guys! please help
Old 11-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Supposedly synthetic will make your engine last longer. I think it helps to clean out the "sludge" in your motor. It's supposedly the best compared to regular oil. It def. costs more.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:10 PM
simpsvt97
1st Gear Member

the one prob. i had w/ syntheic oil is that it burned like crazy in my car...i had to add like 2 quarts inbetween oil changes...that got costly...but now i run valvoline max life...its a combo of syntheic and regular...reg. helps coat the seals better soo oil wont burn out...since ive changed..i cant tell a bit of difference and i dont burn one bit of oil now
Old 11-26-2005, 09:26 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i run motorcraft 5w20 synthetic. it's what ford recommends and it's a lot cheaper than mobil1.

when i got my supercharger installed, the place put regular oil in and my car was acting funny. it wasn't turning over like it should. it'd crank for awhile before actually starting. got synthetic back in, and it pretty much went away. my car thirsts for the synthetic.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Hicks!

Using Syntheic Oil in your car will cause no damage at all. The advantage to using synthetic oil is that it reduces sludge, you can go longer between oil changes and it reduces the friction in your motor. Motor oil is made up of carbon chains and natural base stock (oil before additvies) has inconsistant sized chains, thus you get sludge. Synthetic base stock has vastly more consistant sized chains, thus reducing sludge, improving friction coefficent and giving you better overall performance. Synthetic oil is the best thing you can do for your car. By the way, I use Mobil One 5W20 every 5000 miles.

Quick Reply: OH Crap Syntheic Oil!!!