4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

x-pipe or h

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:38 AM
2000STANGGT
2nd Gear Member

Default x-pipe or h

Which is the best pipe that goes with flowmaster mufflers both sound and hp x or h? What brand or they all the same?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: x-pipe or h

sound wise, an X will give you a deeper and louder sound over stock, but the H or pro chamber will give you an even deeper and louder sound than an X. the H sounds a lot better at cruising speeds, but the H has nothing on the X at WOT. the X gives more HP, but the H gives more low end power. the difference is small, so just get the sound you want.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:02 PM
jzkstang

I went from a h pipe to a bassani x pipe! I prefure the sound of the x pipe over the H it seems to have a purer sound. Just go with what you like better or if money is tight get the cheaper one.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:11 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

Go with the "X" better top end, who races at low rpm's? "H" does have a nice idle though, but still go with the x-pipe you won't be dissapointed.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Silver_Stallion
1st Gear Member

I got the Off road x-pipe from my old h-pipe and i have flowmaster mufflers too, and i get more compliments and looks from more people, than my other buddy with the same car with an h-pipe, the x pipe is more louder, and with the flowmaster mufflers, the combination, will ber perfect
Old 11-28-2005, 03:15 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: nanaki

sound wise, an X will give you a deeper and louder sound over stock, but the H or pro chamber will give you an even deeper and louder sound than an X. the H sounds a lot better at cruising speeds, but the H has nothing on the X at WOT. the X gives more HP, but the H gives more low end power. the difference is small, so just get the sound you want.
Actually a Pro-Chamber will lose low end TQ. An H-pipe give more of an old school 5.0 sound while the X is louder, higher pitched.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:44 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i thought the pro chamber gave you just about the same gains as an H would. maybe a fraction of an HP difference. [&:]
Old 11-28-2005, 03:45 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: nanaki

i thought the pro chamber gave you just about the same gains as an H would. maybe a fraction of an HP difference. [&:]
Well a Pro-Chamber is basically an H-pipe.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:53 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

I would go with an X-pipe if your have a flowmaster catback. The flowmasters are extremely deep as it is, and an H will only make it sound even more deeper. I hate flowmaster, and personally I think you are going to get an ever worse, annoying drone with an H-pipe.

However, with that being said, I think if you put an X on there, it might even out that typical flowmaster sound and end up sounding pretty nasty (as in good).

Good luck.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:31 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: meebix

I would go with an X-pipe if your have a flowmaster catback. The flowmasters are extremely deep as it is, and an H will only make it sound even more deeper. I hate flowmaster, and personally I think you are going to get an ever worse, annoying drone with an H-pipe.

However, with that being said, I think if you put an X on there, it might even out that typical flowmaster sound and end up sounding pretty nasty (as in good).

Good luck.
I have a sound clip of an X-pipe with 2 chamber Flows if you want to hear it and I have a clip of a Pro-Chamber with 2 chamber Flows on my S/C Stang.

Quick Reply: x-pipe or h