4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MUSTANG VS CAMARO VS TRANSAM WS6 NEW

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 06:17 PM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

Default MUSTANG VS CAMARO VS TRANSAM WS6 NEW

Sorry but i wanted to make a comment on that similar post.... I have had both ls1 and lt1 corvettes and have driven around my friends ws6 firebird, and I now own a mustang GT... face it people... they will run all over you/us unless you have nitrous or a supercharger, JUST FACE IT.... they have more torque and power, my lt1 corvette took a ls1 SS camaro by one car lenght and I had a lot of bolt ons....the ls1 corvette BLEW away any f body.... I switched over to a mustang because they LOOK 10000 times better, back seat, there is 10000 times more aftermarket support (saleen, steeda, roush, svt..etc..) , they are a better built car (only by a little) they dont rattle as much, and people that own them are better people, i was in a corvette club(they sucked).....I have a 2001 faleen convertible with venom nitrous 100shot, mangaflow, ramair, soon i will get 75mm intake and pulleys, and I have it on my car just for those annoying EVO and SS and WS6 people....without it they would always see my headlights.......... which is why they look angry
Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MUSTANG VS CAMARO VS TRANSAM WS6 NEW

Glad you converted, I will admit stock 2 stock yes the Trans-Am I had would walk all over my Mustang, but I would still rather own my current Mustang. had a 99 T-top Trans-Am without Ram-Air and that thing could bark the tires doing 40, all I did was add a hypertech, gave me problems (mostly payment) and off it went.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Right, a Mustang is a 100% better overall automobile. Just look at any Consumers Report auto rating under either Camero or Firebird.....serious pieces of ****....almost everything falls apart. "Only" redeeming feature is the power plant. But, hey, GM has all but made a living out of using detuned Vette engines for decades. Times change, GM hasn't and now they are in a world of crap. Besides, if your 350+ detuned Vette engine blows off my lowly 2V 4.6 (281 ci) GT by a couple or three car lengths....who cares. Not even apples to apples. I think the 2V 4.6's do very well within their class. How about a 4V Cobra vs a Camero or Firebird, especially the '03 & '04's. That is more like it. I am sure you don't run your Camero's and Firebirds against Z06's or Ford GT's. They are not apples to apples either. One last word of Ford terror.............'07 GT 500! Do not screw with that baby.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:08 AM
williamstang

WILL MY 2002 MUSTANG GT WITH BBK INTAKE, BBK PULLEY, AND FLOWMASTE MUFFLERS WILL BIT THE 350 HP PONTIAC GTO
Old 12-18-2005, 02:00 AM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: williamstang

WILL MY 2002 MUSTANG GT WITH BBK INTAKE, BBK PULLEY, AND FLOWMASTE MUFFLERS WILL BIT THE 350 HP PONTIAC GTO
No... Gonna need a little more than that...
Old 12-18-2005, 04:17 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: williamstang

nope.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:27 AM
JoeyD
3rd Gear Member

^Nope. lol you will need much more.

for example take a look at code3gt....
he has spent TONS, he has a FULL BOLT ON GT...
HEADS CAMS INTAKE ETC>>>ETC>>>ETC...
and I mean he will run with a "BASIC BOLT ON" ls1 F-Body.
actually a ls1 F-Body with Drag Radials in the back will be running VERY close 1/4 mile time to his.
my Friend Dennis's ls1 Fbody when he first bought it he kept it BONE stock for a while and he just put some DR's in the back due to no traction and he would run 12.8's at the track. ONLY mod was DRAG RADIALS... stock everything else. and Code with ALLL his mods is running around 12.6
so that tells you.

now obviously code is no dummy, I know he knew he could have bought an ls1 f-body and DONE WAY WAY WAY less to it and would be killing his 12.6 GT time right now- but like many in this thread have stated.... its not all about power etc... its about looks/cosmetics, how well the vehicle holds up both interior and exterior, etc.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:12 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

Sorry but i wanted to make a comment on that similar post.... I have had both ls1 and lt1 corvettes and have driven around my friends ws6 firebird, and I now own a mustang GT... face it people... they will run all over you/us unless you have nitrous or a supercharger, JUST FACE IT.... they have more torque and power, my lt1 corvette took a ls1 SS camaro by one car lenght and I had a lot of bolt ons....the ls1 corvette BLEW away any f body.... I switched over to a mustang because they LOOK 10000 times better, back seat, there is 10000 times more aftermarket support (saleen, steeda, roush, svt..etc..) , they are a better built car (only by a little) they dont rattle as much, and people that own them are better people, i was in a corvette club(they sucked).....I have a 2001 faleen convertible with venom nitrous 100shot, mangaflow, ramair, soon i will get 75mm intake and pulleys, and I have it on my car just for those annoying EVO and SS and WS6 people....without it they would always see my headlights.......... which is why they look angry
You don't need a blower or nitrous to run with a f-body of either the LS1 or LT1 variety. A stock 99+ GT with a set of gears will outrun a LT-1, and I have video up in the vids section of me running away from my buddys LS1 trans am.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:57 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Deannostang

Right, a Mustang is a 100% better overall automobile. Just look at any Consumers Report auto rating under either Camero or Firebird.....serious pieces of ****....almost everything falls apart. "Only" redeeming feature is the power plant. But, hey, GM has all but made a living out of using detuned Vette engines for decades. Times change, GM hasn't and now they are in a world of crap. Besides, if your 350+ detuned Vette engine blows off my lowly 2V 4.6 (281 ci) GT by a couple or three car lengths....who cares. Not even apples to apples. I think the 2V 4.6's do very well within their class. How about a 4V Cobra vs a Camero or Firebird, especially the '03 & '04's. That is more like it. I am sure you don't run your Camero's and Firebirds against Z06's or Ford GT's. They are not apples to apples either. One last word of Ford terror.............'07 GT 500! Do not screw with that baby.
consumer reports is a joke, if the cars not made in japan its a POS.

about the camaro running mid to high 12s, i never knew tow trucks were that fast
Old 12-18-2005, 02:01 PM
2003DSGT
1st Gear Member

Iam gonna agree with Deannostang.... why do we keep on comparing the gt with the ls1 and lt1 ya stock to stock they get blown away we have allready said that plenty of times but why is no one concidering the cobra or the ford gt .... the cobra expecially 03 04 would walk MOST lt1s or ls1s ... and for those new corvettes thats why we have the ford gt yes i know its close to twice as much but same can be said for the cobra vrs vette the new ones are allmost twice as much as a cobra .... yes the gts are very fast and with lots of bolt ons some d/rs and gears your gonna hang with alot of ls1s as well.... but the real comparison should be more realistic cobra vrs ws6, ss, 04 and older vettes and ford gt vrs the new vettes

Quick Reply: MUSTANG VS CAMARO VS TRANSAM WS6 NEW