4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

for those with MAC midpipes

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: for those with MAC midpipes

I had a Mac O/R H-pipe, there was decent size holes from the blind welder around the header flange.

I spent a good 20 minutes inspecting it and using dykem to mark all the spots I needed my exhaust shop to weld shut. It also took several re-tightenings to fix all the leaks. It took a good week to finally get rid of them all. For $130 bucks I can't complain though.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:47 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

MAC sucks. Their welds are horrible and dont get me started on their timing adjusters and throttle bodies! They suck and I will never buy another Mac product in my life.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:53 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

for a midpipe, seriously it doesnt matter what company. there is no way to screw a midpipe up. for the record, thats the one and only mac product ill ever have.
Bad welds, screwing up the air path, what CAN'T they **** up???

Mac is junk. There is a reason that it is so much cheaper than everything else.

BTW, there is no reason to switch from one midpipe to another just because you are putting that brand of LTs on. All of the shortie xs should be the same lenght.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:03 PM
dan
4th Gear Member

why don't you just get bbk headers, since you already have the midpipe.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

You need a shorter mid-pipe for LT's anyways, Dan. [8D]

I feel like I'm talking to myself HAHA
Old 12-11-2005, 11:09 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

for a midpipe, seriously it doesnt matter what company. there is no way to screw a midpipe up. for the record, thats the one and only mac product ill ever have.
Bad welds, screwing up the air path, what CAN'T they **** up???

Mac is junk. There is a reason that it is so much cheaper than everything else.

BTW, there is no reason to switch from one midpipe to another just because you are putting that brand of LTs on. All of the shortie xs should be the same lenght.
ehh whatever man. i dont disagree with ya, but i guess ill find out thursday. but come on, how can you **** up a straight through set of pipes? the flanges? nah. im sure itll be fine. i think the h pipe i have on here is mac anyway.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:48 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

You need a shorter mid-pipe for LT's anyways, Dan. [8D]

I feel like I'm talking to myself HAHA
damn... i can't believe i didn't realize that... I went through the process about a month ago too, lol
Old 12-13-2005, 03:11 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

ok so i won't get there mid pipe lol. what i really want to know though is what do you guys think about there headers? it either them or SLP that fit auto transmissions for automatic cars. SLP's are $720 or I can get MAC for $350. both ceramic coated. what do you guys recommend spend more than double the money or settle for the cheaper ones?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:22 PM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

I had a Mac Catted H pipe before my setup now, I had it under the car for 6 months and cancer ate almost right through it. Stay away from all MAC products, the quaility is the worst IMO.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:26 PM
hunter9s
1st Gear Member

What color is your stang? Normally Im not a yellowish guy but that is a nice color. Is it stock? Nice ride!

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

ok i have had my off road BBK x-pipe for about a year and a half and love it and it still looks brand new but i am getting some MAC longtubes and figured i would get a MAC mid pipe to match and most likely fit easier than another products since I am getting there headers. My question is what is the quality like for them? do they last like my bbk's have? also what is this pro-chamber i see. theres an off road one and catted one. I will be getting an off road pipe but is it better than say an off road x? i might still just go with a bbk x-pipe and just make them fit the MAC's but i dunno. i figure i would see what you guys thought about them and you could tell me since bbk is the only company i have had. thanks!

Quick Reply: for those with MAC midpipes