4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

exhausts..list of loudest, deepest

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

Default RE: exhausts..list of loudest, deepest

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

if someone makes this a sticky, they need put down like a sick dog

its already pretty subjective

only a handful of people can say that theyve heard all of the listed with similar mid pipes
this thread is already turning into the same as any other catback thread, everyones opinions

i mean, i think its a good idea, but i dont see it working out very well in the end
yes that is very true. but for the people who post "What is the best cat back for HP gains?", "What is the loudest Catback?", and so on, would be nice and convienent to have a nice list for people to look at for reference purposes.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:17 AM
DrUnkEnMaStEr69
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShiftyGT

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

if someone makes this a sticky, they need put down like a sick dog

its already pretty subjective

only a handful of people can say that theyve heard all of the listed with similar mid pipes
this thread is already turning into the same as any other catback thread, everyones opinions

i mean, i think its a good idea, but i dont see it working out very well in the end
yes that is very true. but for the people who post "What is the best cat back for HP gains?", "What is the loudest Catback?", and so on, would be nice and convienent to have a nice list for people to look at for reference purposes.
but for a definitive list, that would be tricky, exhaust is a highly opinionated subject, everyone has their own styles and hear things differently...
Old 12-14-2005, 04:50 AM
superman02

ok it might not be sticky worthy, but it was worth a try.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:10 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

If its a sticky no one will read it.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:47 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

i don't know about you guys but im putting either greddy or apex exhaust on my mustang HA i'll be the first one to do that. and then change my logo from mustang to POOstang
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 PM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

If Borla made a complete header, mid, and cat back system for the 99-04 gt, that's what I'd get. For me, deep and loud is Bassani & Borla mix.

An h-pipe will make it much deeper. An x-pipe will make it a little louder. You have to think about $$$ as well.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM
superman02

hell i might as well go with a full SLP setup. i'm going to get the LMII cat-back, and the only companies that make LTs for an AUTO is SLP and MAC. and i've heard a few people say that MAC products are a POS. and as for the mid-pipe, there can't be too much of a difference between prices on those..so to make it easy and know that everything will fit perfectly, i can't go wrong. yah, the CC LTs are gonna cost $700 but it's good quaility. and the cat-back is going to be like $420 (edited: $400 shipped @ lmperformance.com), and also just to say that it's all SLP, mmmm
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
DrUnkEnMaStEr69
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

If its a sticky no one will read it.
hahaha so true
Old 12-15-2005, 02:15 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

If Borla made a complete header, mid, and cat back system for the 99-04 gt, that's what I'd get, then after doing that, i would have to sell myself into slavery for a few years to pay for it.
that sounds about right man. lol

but yea, if borla made a header/ O/R H combo to go with the Stinger catback, oh my god
i wouldnt be able to drive my car in thin clothes cause i'd have wood everytime i got out
Old 12-15-2005, 04:03 AM
superman02

If Borla made a complete header, mid, and cat back system for the 99-04 gt, that's what I'd get, then after doing that, i would have to sell myself into slavery for a few years to pay for it.

that sounds about right man. lol

but yea, if borla made a header/ O/R H combo to go with the Stinger catback, oh my god
i wouldnt be able to drive my car in thin clothes cause i'd have wood everytime i got out
hahaha

Quick Reply: exhausts..list of loudest, deepest