4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Those with OFF-ROAD MID-PIPES with MIL ELIMINATORS...come in

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default Those with OFF-ROAD MID-PIPES with MIL ELIMINATORS...come in

What brand of eliminators do you have?

I had Steeda MIL's, before installation my car ran 100% FINE.

After installation, I would be cruising at 30-40 MPH, push in the clutch and my RPMS wouldn't drop or they would spike. At idle, my car would jump from 700rpms to 1500 and stay that way for a minute or two, sometimes it would spike from idle and go to 3-4k!!!

Also, starting my car, once in a while it would idle high and then shut off.

After 4 months my CEL light came on, my idle returned to normal, my throttle quit hanging, pulled the code and determined my MIL Eliminator finally failed....

I've noticed a LOT of people having problems with their car right after installing MIL Eliminators, such as idling problems, misfires and such.

Lets elaborate...
Old 12-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Those with OFF-ROAD MID-PIPES with MIL ELIMINATORS...come in

i got mine form upr along with my mid pipes.

mine does the same thing but only after i put the flows on when i was running stock mufflers (i had them for about 4 months) it ran fine i think it is a lack of back preasure not the mils. the rear o2 sensors don'w effect how the car runs they are just there to keep a eye on the cats to make sure there working right.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:31 PM
jlauth
2nd Gear Member

Mine are crap also, i usually just leave the CEL on which kills my gas mileage, but recently I have been pulling the battery cable to reset the codes. My car runs perfect doesn’t misfire or have a bad idle, and the gas mileage improves greatly. Then the next thing i will look down at the speed o and the CEL will be staring me in the face. I can only get the light to shut off for about a week at the longest, but sometimes it will only stay off for a day or two. I know some one who has a friend on the inside of SCT said he could hook me up so I am gonna go that route.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:04 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

I've also got the UPR MIL's and X-pipe. Never had any issues with anything. I've also got an IAC restrictor ( don't know how I drove without that thing)... The only problem I ever have with idling is I'm sure related to the IAC restrictor. If I turn the A/C on while idling it will sometimes die. I just always make sure when I turn on the A/C I blip the throttle or wait till I'm moving.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Interesting. I've seen a lot of people (here) install mid-pipes with MIL's and right after installing it they have all kinds of idling/misfiring issues.

All of my problems stopped as soon as my MIL's failed...
Old 12-14-2005, 05:43 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

Got my MIL's from Ramchargers exactly a year ago and have had no problems at all. Unsure of the brand, beleive it's a BBK set.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Nice, researching some more, all the issues involving MIL Eliminators have been Steeda's.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM
fourburkleys

I also have o/r x pipe, used bbk mils and have had no problems. steeda has been on the bottom page in this area too.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I don't lurk around any other boards, so if anyone else does, could you duplicate this thread and see how common this issue is?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Davojan59
4th Gear Member

i got a UPR x-pipe and i bought a set of BBk MILs and havent had any problems either. Before i got them my check engine light came on and as soon as i installed them everythings been fine. when u install them make sure u disconnect ur battery and when done reconnect it. I also have flowmaster mufflers welded into my stock catback.

Quick Reply: Those with OFF-ROAD MID-PIPES with MIL ELIMINATORS...come in