4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Blown Motor

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:51 PM
97slobra
2nd Gear Member

Default Blown Motor

Ok so last night i went to the local track and on my way home i decided to have a little fun with my nitrous across a bridge. I guess my motor dosent like a 100 shot at 7k rpms lol. Im pretty sure i spun a main bearing. It still runs but it makes a nasty metal on metal noise underneath the car by the oil pan. So, i need some suggestions of where and what brand to get a all forged rotating assembly suitable for a kenne bell or more nitrous ( havent made up my mind yet). I have a 97 cobra. Any help or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, ~John.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:05 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Blown Motor

Did you say you hit the nitrous at 7k rpm's? Just got sick of the motor I'm guessing.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 PM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

Manley rotating assembly all the way. Cobra forged crank. ARP fasteners. I hope you don't need a new block.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

way to go dumbass![sm=nothatway.gif]
Old 12-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

LOL - DSS Racing short block.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:20 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

LOL man, that sucks! You sprayed at 7k?!

Even a forged shortblock won't like you spraying at 7k
Old 12-15-2005, 05:21 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

There are better out there for the same amount of $$.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
firemedix911
2nd Gear Member

Easy on the bottle tiger. Specially @ 7k's. Like dan said: You would eat a forged assembly if you sprayed @ that high rpm. So what you need is get under control with the spary not forged internals.

Anyways if you r going the forged route you've got to go with the kb s/c. Lots of fun.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:27 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

There are better out there for the same amount of $$.
I guess I'm bias cuz it's so close to my house I could drive over and pick one up. What do you suggest?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
87GTForSale

dont go with DSS. They are goin wayyyy downhill. I made the mistake of buying a DSS longblock, from the day it was put in the car it made noises, so it was taken out of the car and shipped back to dss. They are in the process of trying like 5 different excuses and none of them make any sense and all of them have to do with an oil delivery problem. First they tried saying pick up to plan clearance was not correct, then when we told them that we used spacers but didnt send back the spacers to them (because they didnt come from them in the first place) then they tried saying the pickup must have a small hole in it that you cant see.(pickup was also purchased from dss) then they tried saying the 2 bolts holding the pickup to the pump werent tight enough. so they sent me pictures of the pickup and pump and the gasket was on both parts which means that the bolts were tight enough to get the gasket to be stuck firmly to both pieces. Not only are they not willing to take any responsibility at all, they are telling me it is like going to be over a grand to fix it. Also if you look at their site you can see that they are looking for an engine assembler??? Coinsidence? or maybe the old assembler was fired for screwing up? or maybe he quit cuz they were bouncin his paychecks? or something else... it all just seems too strange to me that they keep comin up with all these excuses and when we keep proving them wrong they come up with new ones.
In my opinion your better off goin with a company that is on an upswing,and not one thats on its way down the tubes. I mean I went with them because of their reputation for making a good product. But am finding out the hard way that their customer service is not really cutting it... so far..LOL well see how this turns out..

Quick Reply: Blown Motor