4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

autometer d-pic series

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:24 AM
phillip

Default autometer d-pic series

i posted this on a local fourm, but i didnt get anyreplys that were of any significance. ok guys, what i would like to know if anyone has/used this meter. from reading the specs it seems pretty damn cool. i just want to know are those readings accurate or just guesses. thanks guys

SPECS:
Clean Installation

* No more devices hanging from your windshield, or cords dangling to your auxiliary power port
* Built in standard 2 1/16” gauge size – D-PIC’s compact size allows it to be easily mounted in a Pod, Pillar, Cup or custom Dash location
* Available in two styles to match either your Auto Meter Ultra-Lite or Cobalt gauges for a clean appearance and perfect complement to your existing instrumentation

Real–Time G's

* Choose either forward (front and back) or lateral (left and right) axis instantaneous acceleration G Forces on the LED array and digital display
* LED array graph will show magnitude of the G force, while the instantaneous value will be display in the numeric digital display
* Peak memory feature allows you to recall the highest G Forces achieved in both axes (all four directions) during Real-Time operation

0 to 60mph Acceleration Time

* Measure your vehicle’s 0-60mph acceleration time with precision
* Capture Peak Acceleration G Forces
* Compare your latest efforts to a saved best, see the difference between the two, and improve your driving skills while monitoring how performance upgrades affect your vehicle’s performance

60 to 0mph Braking Distance

* Precisely calculate the distance your vehicle needs to come to a stop from 60mph
* Capture Peak Deceleration G Forces
* Compare your latest efforts to a saved best, see the difference between the two, and improve your driving skills while monitoring how performance upgrades affect your vehicle’s performance

ÂĽ Mile ET and Speed

* Test your vehicle’s capabilities and times for quarter mile acceleration, and see both your ¼ mile speed in MPH and elapsed time in seconds
* Capture Peak Acceleration G Forces

Reaction Time

* Practice and record your reaction time in ÂĽ mile acceleration mode

Horsepower Mode

* Calculate peak horsepower to the wheels (whp) of your vehicle in horsepower mode
* Compare your latest peak to a saved best, see the difference between the two, and monitor how performance upgrades affect your vehicle’s performance

LINK: WWW.AUTOMETER.COM
Old 12-20-2005, 01:40 AM
ROB 98GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: autometer d-pic series

i never had the d-pic but i had one of those g-tech's. i thought it was a piece of ish. for me it was about 3 tenths off and the hp number didn't make any sence. it also rated g's but after the first time you use it it's useless. a trans-temp gauge would be more usefull. good luck!!
Old 12-20-2005, 02:35 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

Default RE: autometer d-pic series

others have also told me it was a piece of crap