4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mustang tuning, huh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:37 PM
MTShambles
1st Gear Member

Default RE: mustang tuning, huh!

Hey guys,

I work with Mustang Tuning and have been here for over a year. Since I came here, the company has grown a great deal. Things are continually getting better and better, but during some busy seasons we are too swamped to handle everything in an immediate fashion. To be completely honest, let me explain what I'm referring to:

During an above average week, we are taking 24-48 hours to get back to emails. Sometimes if we receive over 300 emails during the weekend, we won't reply until Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week (This situation occurred in one of the early posts on this thread). We know this is NOT acceptable, and we are working on doing things here that can help us move through the emails faster. In time - we reply to EVERY email we receive. If you haven't received a reply in 3 days or more - CHECK YOUR JUNK EMAIL FOLDER! I know some ISPs like AOL are routing our emails and our backorder notification emails to junk email folders.

Another major issue that we face is backorder supply problems with most of our vendors. It isn't just as easy as setting an ordering schedule to keep stuff on our shelves. I would say 20% of the items on our purchase orders don't show up due to the dreaded "Back order". I know I hear my managers arguing with vendors constantly to work on this, as in other markets right now this stuff has been ironed out much better. This isn't something you will only find with us - I guarantee that other Mustang vendors all have the similar issues to deal with. Also - For items that are raging popular, it is impossible for our vendor, and ourselves, to hold a high supply of certain things. 18" FR 500 wheels outsold our expectations more than tenfold. Our supplier places orders with the factory that take 120-180 days to receive, so as you can see, if your guesses are not perfect, you are going to have problems.

We are a legitament company just trying to do our best to sell products for competitive prices, and take care of our customers as well as we are capable. We have had several new people helping out here that should aid our workload issues in time.

My manager wanted me to put his email address out here on the board for anyone here to gladly take down. Feel free to send him emails with your thoughts on any of this, or if you have had a problem or are having a problem, please email. His name is Chris Francy, direct email cfrancy@xoxide.com.

Chris Chamblee
Mustang Tuning Customer Service

Old 02-09-2006, 02:58 PM
red2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Well put...I ecspecially like the part where you stated that most every other company will have the same problems. I think mustangtuning.com is a great site and have had nothing but good experience with them. Sometimes all you have to do to find somethings out is to pick up the phone and talk to them, not just be lazy and e-mail them expecting them to email you back within 5 minutes. They do a great job of offering some of the lowest prices out there. [sm=exactly.gif]
Old 02-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

I have made 3 purchases from MustangTuning and have yet to have anything other than exceptional shipping time and customer service. Your site/prices are great and I appreciate your serices. Keep on keeping on!
Old 02-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

My only gripe is a recent one. I ordered extension harnesses for my 02 sensors, which were charged to my credit card right away. Two days later they tell me the item is on back order and will ship in a week. I was a little grumbly since they already charged my card, but whatever. A week later, nothing. I had to email them to find out what was up. ANOTHER week goes by, I email them, and they tell me it has finally shipped. I asked if it was possible to get a free upgrade in shipping and they said they'd try, but....didn't happen, of course. I should get the harnesses around valentines day, over 3 weeks after I originally ordered them. I should have cancelled the order right away and ordered them from RPMoutlet, never had any problems whatsoever and they are FAST shippers. With shipping it only would have cost an extra 5 bucks, and I'd have gotten them ages ago.

I will continue to be a customer of MustangTuning, but this sure was a sour experience.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:00 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Maybe i just have good luck with Mustang Tuning...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:06 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dalthius

My only gripe is a recent one. I ordered extension harnesses for my 02 sensors, which were charged to my credit card right away. Two days later they tell me the item is on back order and will ship in a week. I was a little grumbly since they already charged my card, but whatever. A week later, nothing. I had to email them to find out what was up. ANOTHER week goes by, I email them, and they tell me it has finally shipped. I asked if it was possible to get a free upgrade in shipping and they said they'd try, but....didn't happen, of course. I should get the harnesses around valentines day, over 3 weeks after I originally ordered them. I should have cancelled the order right away and ordered them from RPMoutlet, never had any problems whatsoever and they are FAST shippers. With shipping it only would have cost an extra 5 bucks, and I'd have gotten them ages ago.

I will continue to be a customer of MustangTuning, but this sure was a sour experience.
im with you bro... same thing happend to me
Old 02-09-2006, 06:08 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

yeah i have had no problems with them. i have ordered a number of things from them and always get them within 2-3 days. great place to buy things from if you ask me.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:12 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

this is a stupid question, but what is a 'light bar'?
Old 02-09-2006, 06:13 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

A light bar is a bar that is over the center of the car on convertibles, I like them, but hate convertibles. Anyways, my one experience with mustangtuning was pretty good. Besides the fact I got no instructions, no complaints.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:15 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

oh.. duh![:@]
I knew that, just didnt put 1 and 1 together...[sm=chairshot.gif]

Quick Reply: mustang tuning, huh!