MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (http://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Lexan Windows (http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/98224-lexan-windows.html)

David_K 02-21-2006 04:47 PM

Lexan Windows
 
I need a Lexan rear window and rear side windows for a 97 cobra anybody know a company that makes a direct fit window?

Deannostang 02-21-2006 07:20 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
Why Lexan? Strong I guess but won't it scratch like crazy after a while? Sounds interesting at least.

Matts00GT 02-21-2006 07:21 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
I'm guessing it's probably for road racing.

David_K 02-21-2006 08:44 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
yeah. i need it cuz its like 65% lighter than glass

2000GT4.6 02-21-2006 09:56 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: David_K

yeah. i need it cuz its like 65% lighter than glass
Is it legal to run plexi??

rbstang 02-21-2006 10:01 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6


Quote:

ORIGINAL: David_K

yeah. i need it cuz its like 65% lighter than glass
Is it legal to run plexi??
i was just thinking that and was going to ask that lol. I know in some classes of drag racing plexi is illegal.. idk bought road racing.

David_K 02-21-2006 10:15 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
**** drag racing. its boring. any idiot can drive in a straight line. and yes lexan is legal for NASA racing

2000GT4.6 02-21-2006 10:24 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: David_K

**** drag racing. its boring. any idiot can drive in a straight line. and yes lexan is legal for NASA racing
What about plexiglass??

Its cheap, so if you sratch it you can just replace it for cheap. Lots of places carry stuff thick and big enough to work.

David_K 02-21-2006 10:25 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
Im not sure. ill check

2000GT4.6 02-21-2006 10:31 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
Well it won't shatter, just crack like saftey glass. And a fairly thick peice should be pretty dammed tough. Also its pretty easy to work with, just cut it with a powered air saw

David_K 02-21-2006 10:35 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
The problem i will have is getting a straight peice of plexiglass to hold a curved position

2000GT4.6 02-21-2006 10:37 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: David_K

The problem i will have is getting a straight peice of plexiglass to hold a curved position
hmmmm....

I would talk to a local glass shop. We have several around here that carry a ton of plexi. They might be able to shape it for you.

David_K 02-21-2006 10:39 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
well i guess the adheaseve they use to secure real glass might work considering you could put your entire leg through the window before it would pop out of its position

2000GT4.6 02-21-2006 10:43 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: David_K

well i guess the adheaseve they use to secure real glass might work considering you could put your entire leg through the window before it would pop out of its position
Rofl it sounds like you tried this when removing the stock windsheild??

Ouch.

David_K 02-21-2006 10:44 PM

RE: Lexan Windows
 
yeah that was me.

wmfateam 05-31-2013 03:22 PM

A little late, but what did you end up doing?

Sonic Mustang 05-31-2013 03:44 PM

I hate it when somebody bumps a years old thread.

wmfateam 05-31-2013 04:53 PM

Yeah I don't drive a 79-93. I did google you fracking toaster. I WAS ASKING A SPECIFIC PERSON A SPECIFIC QUESTION. This is not your post, leave.

xx10Gt 05-31-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang (Post 8223070)
I hate it when somebody bumps a years old thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmfateam (Post 8223100)
Yeah I don't drive a 79-93. I did google you fracking toaster. I WAS ASKING A SPECIFIC PERSON A SPECIFIC QUESTION. This is not your post, leave.

:icon_munching:

Sonic Mustang 05-31-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wmfateam (Post 8223100)
Yeah I don't drive a 79-93. I did google you fracking toaster. I WAS ASKING A SPECIFIC PERSON A SPECIFIC QUESTION. This is not your post, leave.

The thread is from 2006 and David K's last activity was 03-13-2011.

If you can't find replacement lexan for all of your 1996 glass, you are a dolt.

http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?m...&cPath=620_621

I helped you even though you're a prick. That's the kind of guy I am. When you call Racecraft, ask if they have a Handicapped Discount.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.