4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Prochamber Exhaust set ups?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default Prochamber Exhaust set ups?

I have full length headers and an o/r prochamber.. I'm looking to buy different mufflers.. I originally had 40 series flowmasters but traded them to borla pro xs mufflers.

I'm really just not feeling the borla's.. they are way to quiet at idle, and just not really as loud as I want at wot. I'm kinda wanting some straight through mufflers but not sure how they'll sound with the prochamber...

any thoughts? LM1s? LMIIs? think it would sound like a truck ?
Old 07-22-2007, 07:06 PM
0hOneGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Prochamber Exhaust set ups?

If you want loud go LMI. If you want deep go LMII. I have the LMIIs and at idle they sound almost stock, but at 1500 rpm+ they sound great.. Deep sound and they get loud at WOT. LMIs sound like a race car to me. A good sound, but too loud for my taste
Old 07-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

thanks... my borla pro xs's are really quiet at idle too... I'm just wanting something louder, may go with the lm1s
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

If you want a louder idle get rid of the Prochamber and get an O/R H pipe. Prochamber is quiet at idle and I've had both straight thru and chambered mufflers on them.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

you have any videos of your car? mine was alot louder with the 40 series flowmasters though at idle.. these borla's suck
Old 07-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

I haven't been able to record a clip of mine yet, but here's a car with the exact same setup as I have. http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8OQClvTcCk
Sounds really good!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

sounds pretty good.... I've just had chambered 40 series flowmasters for 2 years and I'm kinda wanting to try something different ya know..
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Keep the catback you have and weld some spintech's in place of the borla's.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Or get the LM's...I think the 2's would sound like poo with the prochamber since the chamber quiets everythgin down.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:40 AM
silver03gt
3rd Gear Member

I have the PRO-Chamber with the LM1 catback, I have the factory exhaust manifolds though, and it sounds awesome, I have actually gotten compliments on the highway before, lol, and driving in tunnels or in the city is badass, It is nice and rumbly at idle, and you can keep it from getting obnoxious with proper throttle control, but anything 3k and up, your absolutely screaming, the best part of all in my opinion, is SLP did a good job with the design, all stainless, with good band clamps, and the tips are gorgeous with the double wall design, and the noise really does stay outside for the most part, it's not to loud in the car at all, almost no drone on the higway, and if your just cruising a little blip of the throttle will gt everyone arounds attention, in my opinion, Deffinantly SLP LM1's with the pro-chamber for the win,,,, Your will sound even better with the longtubes too.

Quick Reply: Prochamber Exhaust set ups?