4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New new Goodyear ZR45 tires...HELP

Old 09-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Hehe OP is old choad , I still dont get how changing tires on your car is not keeping it stock. stock is everything that comes from the factory , so even if you replace the tires that came with the car with the exact same set it would still be going from stock to aftermarket.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
Hehe OP is old choad , I still dont get how changing tires on your car is not keeping it stock. stock is everything that comes from the factory , so even if you replace the tires that came with the car with the exact same set it would still be going from stock to aftermarket.
That's arguable....kinda like some people feel if a woman only lets you PIIHB she's still pure as the fallen snow....
Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by POISND U
That's arguable....kinda like some people feel if a woman only lets you PIIHB she's still pure as the fallen snow....
lol .... yeah purely putting pooh particles on your drive shaft.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:00 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Tire brand and tread pattern do come into play with collectible cars and car shows but it's not going to matter for a modern generation mustang. OP if you really liked the stock tires well then good luck finding a new set but we are just trying to understand why you want them that badly since there are much better performing (and looking for that matter) tires out there for a similar price.

With regard to your stock GT looking better than ANY cobra (much less a lowered black one with chrome saleens )... you might be the only person I've ever heard with that opinion. That snake is just plain sexy!
Old 09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak
Tire brand and tread pattern do come into play with collectible cars and car shows but it's not going to matter for a modern generation mustang. OP if you really liked the stock tires well then good luck finding a new set but we are just trying to understand why you want them that badly since there are much better performing (and looking for that matter) tires out there for a similar price.

With regard to your stock GT looking better than ANY cobra (much less a lowered black one with chrome saleens )... you might be the only person I've ever heard with that opinion. That snake is just plain sexy!
lol+1

The op was referring to the interior as well.. Id still take the Cobra...

Like everyone stated above. there is NO reason to keep the STOCK tires. there are better ones out for performance, and Looks... No one in their right mind is going to fault your car because it doesnt have the ORIGINAL Tires on it... The only cars that have THEIR ORIGINAL tires on them and are worth anything have 1mile on the ODO.... yours is Completely Used...
Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 AM
mineral

Originally Posted by jmac72187
haha you are ridiculous.

The stock tires suck, I replaced mine at 9k miles with something that actually sticks. Also, we drive Mustangs. They won't hold their value especially in this type of economy. Everyone apparently knows that but you.

Poisnd was also correct. You asked and then never hung around after. You showed up more than a year later.
If you read my message, I explained that I had been gone for some time with NO computer access. Can't log on if you don't have one you know.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:09 AM
mineral

Smile

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak

I totally agree. It's a nice car!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
mineral

Smile

Originally Posted by Ryan86272
lol+1

The op was referring to the interior as well.. Id still take the Cobra...

Like everyone stated above. there is NO reason to keep the STOCK tires. there are better ones out for performance, and Looks... No one in their right mind is going to fault your car because it doesnt have the ORIGINAL Tires on it... The only cars that have THEIR ORIGINAL tires on them and are worth anything have 1mile on the ODO.... yours is Completely Used...
I was simply looking for original tires because I apparently come from an economic and generation that you youngsters aren't familiar with. When I was a boy, we couldn't run out and spend $$$$ every weekend to install a supercharger, new wheels,etc. In that last several years, I've noticed a lot of nice NEW cars that have been modified front to rear. Most of them didn't need it and some I don't like but I believe a fellow is entitled to try to make his own car's appearance meet his personal standards. (If he can AFFORD IT). I was just trying to apply my standards to my car. BTW I did put new tires on my GT after getting quality advice from my grandson. They look great!!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 PM
ron656771

Default Sorry I missed your request!

Sorry I missed your request for ZR45's. I could have helped. (And I'm sorry some folks don't value original equipment.)
Old 03-10-2013, 10:18 PM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

Originally Posted by ron656771
Sorry I missed your request for ZR45's. I could have helped. (And I'm sorry some folks don't value original equipment.)
Is this dude serious?

Do you even look at the dates of the thread before you signed up on this forum and made your first (and hopefully last) post? Good lord

Look at post #1 in this thread. Read the date it was posted... then in the top right corner, click the 'LOG OUT' link and never sign back in

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New new Goodyear ZR45 tires...HELP