4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

2002 GT vs. 2000 GT...help me out ppl

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

Default 2002 GT vs. 2000 GT...help me out ppl

I have a 2002 GT with a auto trans with the following mods. Ported & Polished heads rebuilt bottom end, 75mm TB, Plenum, C&L Intake w/ 85mm MAF, Underdrives, 180 stat, o/r x pipe, flowmaster exhaust, and a hypertech tune. My buddy has a 2000 GT auto as well but he has a xpipe and a cheap ebay intake with a sct tune.He swears up and down he can kick my *** because he has a tuner now. Last time we raced I had him by 5-6 cars. I told him its not worth my gas because it will be the same outcome again. So can all you stangers please put your opinion in so he can get it through his head that he doesnt stand a chance..
Old 09-25-2007, 02:28 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 2002 GT vs. 2000 GT...help me out ppl

you should still win. tell him to put money on it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

If you won by 6 cars before you'll win by 3 this time, if his tune is good. I wouldn't say that its "Not worth your gas."

The first one of you with 4.10's is going to make the other cry.

And summabitch MVR your car looks so much better now. Its got the POP and cleanness that it lacked before.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

If you won by 6 cars before you'll win by 3 this time, if his tune is good. I wouldn't say that its "Not worth your gas."

I didnt have the heads and bottom end done last time we raced..sorry I forgot to mention that
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Well I'm sure he firmed his shifts with his tuner, and it makes such a huge difference in the car he probably feels like he's flying. Race him anyway, if nothing else to humor him.

And you both still need gears
Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 PM
X04Mach1X
2nd Gear Member

And summabitch MVR your car looks so much better now. Its got the POP and cleanness that it lacked before.
+1 depends on the tune, but either way hes not gonna win with just a tune if you were pulling 5-6 cars on him.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:35 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

thanks man, next up is gears then wheels!

sorry to hijack, YOU WILL WIN!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

Well I'm sure he firmed his shifts with his tuner, and it makes such a huge difference in the car he probably feels like he's flying. Race him anyway, if nothing else to humor him.

i have 3.73s but havent installed them yet...we both installed the shift firmness option but he didnt go as far *** using the rev limiter and shift points like I did...but we are goin to the track soon so I can humiliate him in front of his friends and girl
Old 09-25-2007, 05:17 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fruhdaddy

i have 3.73s but havent installed them yet...we both installed the shift firmness option but he didnt go as far *** using the rev limiter and shift points like I did...but we are goin to the track soon so I can humiliate him in front of his friends and girl
I hope he is cockier than you are...otherwise you'd just sound like an ***. And I mean that in the civil-est possible way.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:29 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fruhdaddy

I hope he is cockier than you are...otherwise you'd just sound like an ***. And I mean that in the civil-est possible way.
im not actually cocky its that he just wont shut up about wherever we go. he never shuts up when his friend and family is around and its just getting on my nerves so when we race this week I'll will post the results

Quick Reply: 2002 GT vs. 2000 GT...help me out ppl