4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Speeding tickets in Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 01:59 AM
greenyGt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Speeding tickets in Virginia

Isnt virginia one of those 7 or so states that you cant use a radar in?
Cause virginia has some pretty nice roads to speed on. Its to tempting.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:43 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i got a 115 in a 45 and had to pay the 50 dollar cost for traffic school. lol. atleast he didnt notice i was racing.... one thing that keeps me from street racing now days... and if it happens i shut down by 75
Old 10-28-2007, 02:54 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Back in the late 80s I got a ticket in Connecticut for 138 mphon I-95--$768; inflation I guess...
Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

wait until you get the civil fees. if you're a virginia resident, then you're not done getting reemed.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:18 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

ORIGINAL: Injected97GT

i guess get the *** over it is all i got to add... you were speeding excessively and got caught, nothing to complain about. you did something wrong, stop crying and be glad u didnt run over someones kid while driving way higher than the speed limit.
Chill out dude. He wasn't crying about anything. He was just stating the fact that we Virginians are crazy when it comes to making people pay for their ticket.

And if some kid is playing on a street with a 65MPH speed limit, he deserves to get hit.
LMAO @ some kid playing hopscotch in the middle of I-95

And yeah radars are illegal here.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:36 AM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

damn. georgia is just as bad. i got a 76 in a 45 and they ticket cost $468 and 1 year of pre-trial diversion cause i'm under 21, which means no tickets for one year or else i lose my liscense till i'm 21.... and if you're over 21 and you a ticket for 25+ you go straight to jail for 24 hours and your car gets inpounded....
Old 10-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

i guess get the *** over it is all i got to add... you were speeding excessively and got caught, nothing to complain about. you did something wrong, stop crying and be glad u didnt run over someones kid while driving way higher than the speed limit.
Chill out dude. He wasn't crying about anything. He was just stating the fact that we Virginians are crazy when it comes to making people pay for their ticket.

And if some kid is playing on a street with a 65MPH speed limit, he deserves to get hit.

haha yeah, i didn't quite think about that part all the way through. I think that is a hilarious picture. BUT, i just have strong feelings about people being wreckless on public roads. Especialy street racing. Sorry but street racing is for inconsiderate, immature ******s and their litle rice burners who have no respect for other people. There are tracks you can go to, and from what I have seen thus far, most of the people on this forum use those tracks.

but about the ticket, that is a funny price for it to come to. and yes VA is one of the no radar detector states. And if you get caught with one, believe me the cop is going to be a MUCH bigger dick than if you get caught speeding excessively.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

haha yeah, i didn't quite think about that part all the way through. I think that is a hilarious picture. BUT, i just have strong feelings about people being wreckless on public roads. Especialy street racing. Sorry but street racing is for inconsiderate, immature ******s and their litle rice burners who have no respect for other people. There are tracks you can go to, and from what I have seen thus far, most of the people on this forum use those tracks.

but about the ticket, that is a funny price for it to come to. and yes VA is one of the no radar detector states. And if you get caught with one, believe me the cop is going to be a MUCH bigger dick than if you get caught speeding excessively.
are you a cop or do you just like bein a d#ck in your posts.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:13 PM
RedDevilSC
1st Gear Member

1. if somebody's kid is playing in the middle of I-81 then they have bigger things to worry about then me speeding.
2. I wasn't street racing, nor do i ever engage in that behavior. About once a week I get some jack a++ who pulls up beside me at a light and revs his stuff up at me, and I don't even look at them I just ignore it.
3. I wasn't crying, just thought i'd share it with everyone. Maybe someone else who reads this will think twice about speeding.
4. I only had my 'stang about 3 weeks when this incident occured ok. I guess I just wanted to open it up and see what it would do. Trust me I learned my lesson! On all future road trips I will have the cruise control set.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: livefast1

are you a cop or do you just like bein a d#ck in your posts.
neither. i dont think im being a dick by thinking street racing is incosiderate, dangerous and immature. if you think im out of line thinking that, im sure you are one of the morons that do it. i guess paying 10 or 15 bucks to get into a track just cuts into your wallet too deep huh? might as well risk losing your license, hurting people, and getting a MUCH larger fine than 10-15 bucks. again, im not being a dick, i just think street racing is fuking retarded.

OP: Now, this thread wasnt about street racing, so sorry for blowing up about your speeding. it seemed in your first post that you were complaining for getting the ticket. i appologize for taking your thread off on a tangent... but when someone makes a comment about a story that compairs to yours and says "at least he didnt notice i was racing" it pisses me off that douche bags like that cant seem to find their way to a damn track and have to stoop down to the little honda boy who revvs at them and goes right ahead and races them.

Quick Reply: Speeding tickets in Virginia