4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Anyone familar with Gearheads in Arlington?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 05:14 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default Anyone familar with Gearheads in Arlington?

I paid a vist to there shop a few days ago. It seems like a great place with great cars and excellent prices. Right now I'm on the hunt for a closer shop that can tune just as good as THR but closer and hopefully can get cars done a little faster.

How good is there tuning? I was talking to a guy there and he was telling me about a customer with an F-1 Procharger pushing 590rwhp on Pump gas..... Kinda impressive but.... I'm a little over 530rwhp with race gas and a P-1.

Anyone with input please chime in. I'm very taken in by the close relationships they have with their customers and rides and the guy that works there pretty much told me straight up, if they say they will get a car finished in this time, it is pretty much on point.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:19 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone familar with Gearheads in Arlington?

I only hear good things about them. At FFW Ennis their red mustang was just jaw dropping awesome fast!
When I get ready to put headers on I will probably drive over and drop it off with them to be done. And if I ever get to put on a KenneBell, they'll get to do that too.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:21 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wisk

I only hear good things about them. At FFW Ennis their red mustang was just jaw dropping awesome fast!
When I get ready to put headers on I will probably drive over and drop it off with them to be done. And if I ever get to put on a KenneBell, they'll get to do that too.

Thats whats up. Right now they have a stang in the shop thats got the Twin Turbo/Eaton Blower combo.... At least thats the plan for that car. They wouldn't let me get too close to her. Like it was some top secret weapon of mass destruction.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:30 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

Yeah, this one was one of those pro stock jobs or whatever thats got the huge blower mounted in the front. It was like a goddamn rocket son!

I sent Travis an email about a week ago asking if he could do a header install in one day on a Saturday but haven't gotten a response. Probably an old email address I got ahold of.

But like I said, I only hear good things about them and the guys there really enjoy doing what they do.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:42 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

I got gears installed there.. I think they whine but our cars let in a lot of road noise so I'm not sure if it's just the higher pitch from it spinning faster than it used to or what.. I dunno I was really worried about them whining so I kind of feel like I psyched myself out but w/e I need someone else to listen to it. They drove my car down the street afterward so I assume they would have caught that but then again if there was a problem that meant they would have had to redo the install..

I was pleased with their service though.. I drove about 3 hours to get there and they had my gears in and me out of there about 4 hours after I arrived.

They were talking about how many cars they had in line for tunes while I was there so they must know what they are doing with that respect. I watched them tune a bullitt and a 5.0 while I was waiting. Seemed to go well enough..
Old 12-15-2007, 07:55 PM
wisk
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PaintballFreak

I got gears installed there.. I think they whine but our cars let in a lot of road noise so I'm not sure if it's just the higher pitch from it spinning faster than it used to or what.. I dunno I was really worried about them whining so I kind of feel like I psyched myself out but w/e I need someone else to listen to it. They drove my car down the street afterward so I assume they would have caught that but then again if there was a problem that meant they would have had to redo the install..

I was pleased with their service though.. I drove about 3 hours to get there and they had my gears in and me out of there about 4 hours after I arrived.

They were talking about how many cars they had in line for tunes while I was there so they must know what they are doing with that respect. I watched them tune a bullitt and a 5.0 while I was waiting. Seemed to go well enough..
Where are you from? And just how much of a paintball freak are you? I'm from Texarkana (obviously) and drive out to Lake Worth a lot to play and possibly Grapevine a lot more real soon.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

I'm from houston but go to school in austin.. I used to play every weekend but as for the last couple of years I've made it out only a few times. I usually play in houston when I play though
Old 12-16-2007, 08:25 AM
wisk
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PaintballFreak

I'm from houston but go to school in austin.. I used to play every weekend but as for the last couple of years I've made it out only a few times. I usually play in houston when I play though
Ah, ok. Just curious.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:22 PM
kraze_e
2nd Gear Member

ive had my gears and motor mounts changed there. cool guys , good service. i live here in arlington and if i have a question they always help out. and they tune with diablo, just a heads up. prices arent expensive at all. have lots of great stangs.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:22 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kraze_e

have lots of great stangs.

that is definitely true. I felt safe having them work on my car as soon as I pulled up because there were about 20 mustangs that filled the parking lot. it was a cool feeling because I'd never been around so many all at once haha

Quick Reply: Anyone familar with Gearheads in Arlington?