4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Totaled Mustangs: Part Out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:42 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Totaled Mustangs: Part Out?

Honestly, the money there is not terrible. It's not like I bring home 500 dollars a week, but for the hours I work, I do more than pay my bills and such.

It's just school sucking me dry man. Took out a loan for this year, so I'll have to start paying that back soon, and with student teaching coming up in the fall, that will really cut back on the hours I'll be able to work and make money.

So It's like working a full time job w/o getting paid. In fact, having to pay to work it.

So unless I could come across dirt cheap aftermarket heads, it's used for me.

Someone has to know for sure though whether the threads doubled in 03, or some other time.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

it is at least 02 for the 8 threads i know this because luke has an 02 and his has 8 threads

if you want to try to find something locally just call mills auto parts every time that i have been there ther have been a couple of mustangs in it plus the have alot of stuff in a warehouse and they may have some
Old 01-29-2008, 10:29 PM
72MachOne99GT

it is at least 02 for the 8 threads i know this because luke has an 02 and his has 8 threads
Are you SURE his has 8 threads? Not just certain, but sure?

Without the head off looking up the bottom, I don't know how you could know w/o having seen another head from an '02.

And where is this Mills Auto Parts you speak of?
Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i remember from when he was looking for a car i was helping him out by doing some research and i am about 99% positive that i read that they are 8 threads but just to be safe you might just call the dealership and see if they know what year they changed

Mills auto parts is in new haven on Adams Center road

here is there website
http://www.millsautopartsin.com/

Old 01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

im 99% sure its 03-04....i guess calling the dealership might help though....i cant believe nobody else has chimed in though, try making a seperate thread about it
Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 AM
radjxf
1st Gear Member

Are you looking for certain parts or a "rebuilder car". If you just want a set of heads, most salvage yards will only sell a complete motor and they aren't cheap. You'll surely never find a yard that let's you take off your own parts either, due to liability issues. Most have razor wire, etc like some kind of military compound! Also note that almost everything in the yards and salvage auctions usually have very high miles.
My father has a large salvage yard, and my brother has a very high-end custom bodyshop and lately has done a lot of mustangs. Has some spare parts and totaled cars as well. I'm sure I can find what you're looking for fairly quickly. Another ideas is to try and find someone who buys salvage cars (like we do) and see if they'd buy one for you plus something for their trouble perhaps?
My 02GT just so happens to be a former totaled car we bought and fixed up. Looks like new inside and out now. Save a ton of $$ too. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99BlackPonyGT

im 99% sure its 03-04....i guess calling the dealership might help though....i cant believe nobody else has chimed in though, try making a seperate thread about it
i thought that they changed them when they changed blocks
Old 01-30-2008, 10:23 AM
blackGTcp
4th Gear Member

Does anyone know anything about prestigemustang? Like if the prices are reasonable and if they are a reputable company?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
72MachOne99GT

I tried their website i was linked to above and nothing showed up.....

To radjfx...

find me a set of lower mileae 03-04 heads, loaded with cams and i'll make it worth your time
Old 01-30-2008, 12:31 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I asked them for quotes on 2 different occasions and the prices for used parts where very High. I have not bought from them but they seem to think Mustang parts are made out of gold
ORIGINAL: blackGTcp

Does anyone know anything about prestigemustang? Like if the prices are reasonable and if they are a reputable company?

Quick Reply: Totaled Mustangs: Part Out?