4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE

Where is the cheapest place to get the complete P1 intercooled setup?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:34 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

I'm running a 3.40 Pulley. The 477rwhp is on the safe tune..... The more aggressive tune that I have saved on my Handheld gives me 15rwhp more at the same psi.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

I think the best deal is from JMSChip.com.

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

I'm running a 3.40 Pulley. The 477rwhp is on the safe tune..... The more aggressive tune that I have saved on my Handheld gives me 15rwhp more at the same psi.
Nice, then I should def be in the 450rwhp range when I go to the dyno tomorrow. I am running a stock mid-pipe and the stock procharger intake tube FTL. But the AFM powerpipe should be on in the next couple of weeks. I kinda got burned out with the motor swap/blower install.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

I think the best deal is from JMSChip.com.

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Nice, then I should def be in the 450rwhp range when I go to the dyno tomorrow. I am running a stock mid-pipe and the stock procharger intake tube FTL. But the AFM powerpipe should be on in the next couple of weeks. I kinda got burned out with the motor swap/blower install.

Why wouldnt you just put the powerpipe on? It isnt that hard is it? isnt it just the pipe that has the Filter on it? connects to Front of Blower? wont u have to pay for a retune?

Just seems like a waste if u already got it..

I dont even want to know ur gas mileage do i lol. Do you DD ur Car with the 477?

Just curious since my car is my DD and i plan to have 550-600whp. Wonderin if im going to kill myself or start using the BIKE as a DD lol....
Old 05-14-2008, 12:13 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ryan86272

Why wouldnt you just put the powerpipe on? It isnt that hard is it? isnt it just the pipe that has the Filter on it? connects to Front of Blower? wont u have to pay for a retune?
Its not a big job, but I have to cut the fender and notch the hood for clearance on the powerpipe. A powerpipe doens't add to the airflow, it just reduces the restriction on the inlet side of the blower so there shouldn't be any reason to re-tune for it. BTW, I will be tuning the car myself with Sniper Commando, and am just renting the dyno since I want to get some base numbers and its a little safer than 3rd or 4th gear pulls on the freeway.

edit: I DD my mustang and even at 400rwhp with 4.10s and I was getting at least 20mpg on the freeway. I got on average 235-240 miles to the tank about half city half freeway with some WOT. You really have to take it easy around town or else you will be in the single digits[:@]
Old 05-14-2008, 12:46 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

You actually gain around 1 to 2 psi when using the powerpipe..... It allows more air through without spinning the blower any harder.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:49 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

And I would also reccomed a re-tune if you even increase boost by 1psi. Just to be safe, especially if you have alot of money invested into the car.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:19 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Ill definitely check the tune after the install, but I doubt it will require any modification. Were not talking about a huge increase of boost anyways. The maf transfer rate should take care of the added air if there is any change in the actual amount of air entering the engine, but I'll check it for sure.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Sorry to ***** up the OP's thread, but here's a question for you guys then. I'm running my P1 @ 8-psi right now, and also have requisite bolt-ons, i.e. LT's, mids, exhaust, 3-core I/C,etc, and I'm pushing 448 to the wheels. I've already got the forged rods/rings ordered, so additional boost won't be an issue as I already have a forged crank. Frank from DTP tuning in VA Beach was telling me in order to turn the boost up anymore I would probably need a boost-a-pump to push much more than what I'm getting right now. Is this true or no? I haven't seen anybody here mention having one, and a number of you guys are pushing more power than I am, or will be soon. Just wondering how much I can squeeze out of the P1 on a 4v mach engine before I REALLY need to look at upgrading the head unit..

And for the OP, I got my P1 kit completely with 3-core I/C, all requisite piping, injectors and in-tank pump from DTP for a little under $4,700 if that helps any. I did buy my kit brand new but you might be able to find a used one that's it's good condition for less..
Old 05-14-2008, 07:40 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Subotai_95

Sorry to ***** up the OP's thread, but here's a question for you guys then. I'm running my P1 @ 8-psi right now, and also have requisite bolt-ons, i.e. LT's, mids, exhaust, 3-core I/C,etc, and I'm pushing 448 to the wheels. I've already got the forged rods/rings ordered, so additional boost won't be an issue as I already have a forged crank. Frank from DTP tuning in VA Beach was telling me in order to turn the boost up anymore I would probably need a boost-a-pump to push much more than what I'm getting right now. Is this true or no? I haven't seen anybody here mention having one, and a number of you guys are pushing more power than I am, or will be soon. Just wondering how much I can squeeze out of the P1 on a 4v mach engine before I REALLY need to look at upgrading the head unit..

And for the OP, I got my P1 kit completely with 3-core I/C, all requisite piping, injectors and in-tank pump from DTP for a little under $4,700 if that helps any. I did buy my kit brand new but you might be able to find a used one that's it's good condition for less..
The most I've seen a 4v push from a P1 is around 490s to 500s. The 2v I mentioned early got a little more with a P1. Both had an 8rib pulley conversion and threw in the smallest pulley you can go in a P1.

Quick Reply: People who have a Procharger P1-SC...LOOK HERE PLEASE