4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

need to vent about LMR...

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 AM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs down need to vent about LMR...

well after seeing dubarado's post about wanting the sve cobra anniversary wheels from late model....i had to tell everyone about my experience with them..so take it for what its worth guys....

i ordered the black deep dish anniversary cobra wheels/tire package for christmas around the end of november...their estimated shipping date said december 2008, which would lead any customer to believe that's when they would receive them...i started poking around on their forum and came across a thread about the wheels, and i read that the wheels have not even been produced yet and that LMR probably wouldnt get them until the end of december meaning customers wouldnt get them until january (late)..kinda aggravated me...then i got a phone call a few days later saying there was a delay, and i wouldn't get them until february...now im mad..how do they justify advertising, taking orders, and customers money for wheels that haven't even been made yet?!?! AHH....

so i get my money back in my account, figuring the order was canceled. so i decide oh well, i'll get something else from late model...so i ordered long tubes, midpipe, and lm1 catback...roughly 900 bucks...they decide to take out an extra 400 bucks out of my bank account!! this puts me in the whole and literally screws me over....their customer service? well one of the guys was real nice, but i could never keep in contact with him, it was all over voicemails....but the guy in accounting? what a jerk-off...no offense...he was like sir we only charge for parts you order...and i was like then why did you take the extra money out of my account..he had nothing and was like um call your bank..i had already done that and they told me to call them..he was like well ill call your bank and straighten it out and call you back.....5 hours later..no phone call, and my bank said nobody from them had ever called to straighten anything out....so here it is my parts are coming in today..and i have no christmas shopping money or money to buy a tire cuz i had a blowout yesterday...couldn't be more pissed off....gonna call them again today and hopefully get this all straightened out..and after all said and done..i'll never buy from them again

sorry for the long rant guys...had to get it out there for everybody

-jeremy
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

you should so sew then you would have a lot of money to buy things with
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

that sucks. i too have been put off buy LRS, i bought about 10 things at once from them and when i got my shippment i found i was missing 4 items. i looked at the shipping invoice and they were back ordered and would be shipped in about a week. no biggie but the next day i got an email for them saying that they were backordered and could take up to a month to get back in. it sucks but LRS has more replacement parts than anybody....
Old 12-22-2008, 10:17 AM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

talked to justin there..very helpful guy...they do a preauthorization of funds to make sure you have the money...my dumb bank actually charged me for the preauthorization...he called my bank for me and they said the funds would be put back...i just called to verify..no record of it as of yet..girl said to wait a few minutes and check again..fingers crossed..cuz thats 700 bucks back in my account!!

and LRS has parts other vendors dont and great prices...darn my bad experiences
Old 12-22-2008, 10:37 AM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

Same thing happened to me when I ordered my pro stars took me a month to get the wheels when I was told 7-10 days and got fed a load of BS for 2 months about the tires I ordered. I got so tired of hearing them say call us back at the end of the week and we should know when your tires will ship. I called and canceled then called summit and had the same tires size and all in 3 days at my door. Must of called about the tires 15 times in a month an a half. I know where I will never order from again.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:17 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I had an issue with them a couple years ago that was similar
Old 12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Crap, now where am I supposed to get my 10th anni DD cobra's? I know there's one other company that makes them but they don't look as good.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:28 AM
jmstang66
2nd Gear Member

yeah....oe wheels on ebay has them..but they only have the 17X10 not 17X10.5s i finally got the money taken care of......took 4 days of hastle though....customer service is in the pits over there..and not much better at my bank hah
Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Honestly the problems about ordering then the products being on backorder happens at many places. Also many places are at the hands of the distributer so when they say "back in stock on XX" that date is an estimate.

It sucks I know, but its the same thing with the hurst billit shifter for the 2005+ mustangs. It was supposed to be available for sale and places like Jegs and Summit updated the "expected ship date" many many times.

Hopefully they make it right for you.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

I ALWAYS call the company before I order anything and ask if it's in stock. If not I look elsewhere.

John

Quick Reply: need to vent about LMR...