4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

2004 mustang GT vs 1998 Cobra.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:54 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

failed thread
Old 03-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

So this thread is going nowhere. I hope it gets delete or something. I clearly see that there is some members that have nothing else to do and this is why they behave the way they do. Those that use words like you got owned, epic fail, etc etc. That only shows how immature they are. And the reason they are reading a thread is not to help, or give feedback. All they want to do is **** around.
I try to write as if the person was in front of me. I am not one of those people that talk **** over the internet.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 PM
grif62
2nd Gear Member

dang there is hate in this thread lol, but anyways welcome to the new guy. If this story is true, not saying its not, but that cobra guy must have been retarded or something

Originally Posted by mustangman281
I'd rather sell the car then put a snake anywhere on it. I wouldn't want anybody to think my car is a slow *** cobra.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:51 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Damn dude sorry for all the hatin. Its just it was a long post. Just shortin it up next time. Ther are a lot of helpful people on here though don't let this one thread push you away.

Welcome to the forums. SO what are your plans for your pony?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

I am not sure what I want to do to my car. I think at the moment, I like it the way it is. I am trying to fix my other car (2001 eclipse GT) all it needs is to pass the smog test. So I hope to get that done soon that way I don't have to drive the mustang.

I think the first thing I am going to do is lower the car. I was told 1in back and 1.2 inch front was pretty safe without other major modifications. Once that is done I am going to buy wider tires back. One problem I have here is that I am not sure wider tires fit in my stock 17 bullit wheels( I know nothing about wheels and tires). I want at least 315s. after that a good set of gears, I haven't decided which ones. Cold air intake, diablo sport tune and borla stingers. My goal is 300 at the rear wheels but I think I need more performance parts for this. Any ideas on how to achieve this without using nitrous or forced induction?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:23 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Ummm for 300 your gonna need full bolt ons (Full exhaust, Intake mods) And you'll also most likely need cams as well (stage 2 with new springs). But with those 300 should come pretty easy. And yea to start out i think id just do gears and exhaust. And then save for the more expensive like cams and such.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:35 PM
deetz03
1st Gear Member

315's are pretty freakin wide dude. Go to tire rack and you should be able to punch in your rim size and it will tell you all the options that they have for you. I'm with mustangman...gears and exhaust are the way to start.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

before buying gears, make sure yours are stock, that would suck to have a set of 4.10's put in if you already had 4.10's in there. check them out with the drive shaft turning test, can't hurt to make sure.

another thing i did, when buying used, is to do all the fluids and start on a clean slate. The person you bought it from could have been perfect on changing fluids, or he could have been terrible at it. its safer to assume he was dumb and did nothing other then oil.

PS. welcome, forgot to say that before
Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Rios04GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangalator
before buying gears, make sure yours are stock, that would suck to have a set of 4.10's put in if you already had 4.10's in there. check them out with the drive shaft turning test, can't hurt to make sure.

another thing i did, when buying used, is to do all the fluids and start on a clean slate. The person you bought it from could have been perfect on changing fluids, or he could have been terrible at it. its safer to assume he was dumb and did nothing other then oil.

PS. welcome, forgot to say that before
the guy that use to have this car was my friend. He took really good care of it. So far I am short on money, I have an idea on what I would be getting once I get the money. 1st I am lowering the car, 2nd wider tires, and 3rd gears and a short trow shifter all together. I hope this mods improve the car looks and performance at the same time. I feel like putting the 260 hp to the ground is hard as it is, so I want to make sure I am able to put this ponies down before adding more.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM
stangalator
4th Gear Member

thats true, i do know that you will feel a little "sluggish" with that wide of a tire, the pure rotational mass, but you can counter that with a lite weight rim.

Quick Reply: 2004 mustang GT vs 1998 Cobra.