Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

I raced one 3x from a stop

I have a stock manual 2003 mustang gt, i raced a stock auto 2003 g35 sedan, won, but it was relatively close.. heres a thread i made with details

http://mustangforums.com/forum/stree...-2003-g35.html
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #12
egroar

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang GT

It depends what year g35 your racing. I think it was in 05 where they made some engine modifications which allowed it to rev up higher and increased the output to like 306 hp. Also, I think automatics only come w/ a 260 hp engine. My buddy has an 05 6spd, stock for stock he would beat me by less than 1/4 car length. After gears and g35 intake mods we are dead even. I drove his car a few times and I hate the feel of the clutch and brakes.
egroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:08 PM   #13
Capt Hair
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 mustang gt

my buddy has one, an 01 coupe, automatic, it was fun to drive and liked it a lot. We finally raced about a month back and I took him by about 2 car lengths.
97' Formula - new car, 6spd, LT4 conversion, P&P heads, Comp Cam, Ram Clutch, B&M ripper shifter, BBK shorty headers to Y pipe, Borla catback, 3.42 geared eaton posi unit, +tune, just a little upgrade
Capt Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #14
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 SVT Cobra

you guys are all mentioning how he "will get wipped" yet you have no idea what he is driving or what his mods are....

03 Cobra
94 GT - R.I.P. 11/30/08

945LSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #15
jpnelson1978
1st Gear Member

It's a stock 05 infinity 3g. I don't own it yet. I own a 03 mustang gt stock just pipes and k&n
Old 03-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
J_Rod
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 Mustang GT

its a drivers race, but the G35 will walk all over you when it reaches 60mph because it has better top end than the mustang
Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #17
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004, Ford, Mustang Cobra
Send a message via AIM to Mustang3GT07

I say go run em n report back to us with the results.

February 2010 ROTM Winner

2008 VW GTI
- Daily Driver
- Unitronic Stage 1, Intake, Exhaust

2007 Mustang GT = Sold
2004 Mach1 = Sold
2001 Mustang GT = Sold
Mustang3GT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
sweger
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT
Send a message via AIM to sweger Send a message via Yahoo to sweger

i ran with a g35 coupe in february when i was home, i had all my parts that are currently on my car installe and we only ever raced from a roll (between 15 an 25). i was beating himby at least 2 cars up to 100, he seemed to be driving it pretty well. i, on the other ha, had just gotten my car 2 weeks before and hadnt drove anything but military trucks in almost a year, and was still getting use to my car. if i had a good driver mod, i probably couldve gotten another car or so easily. from a stop, he wouldve walke al over me, my stok gatorbacks are still on my car and i am still learning thelaunch with it (which will have to be re-learned when i get my eagle f1 gs d3's).

2011 Kona Blue GT - Magnaflow Outlaw AB, Barton Twin-Post, Redline MTL (JLT intake and Bama SCT to come soon..best run of 13.3x at KID in Wichita)
2007 Light Khaki Jeep Liberty
2004 Screaming Yellow Mustang GT (SLP LM1 & catted X, Steeda UDP, K&N SRI, PP TB/Plenum, MGW shifter, AM Torq Thrust M 17x9, Mach 1 grille delete/chin spoiler...best ET was 13.91) - SOLD 16 October 2010
sweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #19
defconfire
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: '99 Mustang GT

The car I am driving around an Altima around which is performance pretty similar to the G35 because it does have the VQ35DE. (The g35 is a quicker due to being RWD and a having a better intake/exhaust manifolds)

I absolutely love the engine for an econobox car it has a fantastic amount of stock power sounds great, and it has a good amount of torque for a 3.5l also it doesn't seem stressed our out of breath at higher revs like the Mustangs do.

The one thing that amazes me about that car more than performance is the economy.

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic. But today I drove from Raleigh to Charlotte and kept this mileage all the way down, i was actually so impressed I took a pic. It would occasionaly peak around mid 37 but this was the average.

Click the image to open in full size.

So if i had the choice of a 2v Mustang or a G35 (coupe or sedan, preferably coupe) I would take the G35.

Current DD: 2002 Electron Blue Z06
-LG Long Tubes
-LG X-pipe
-Vararam Intake
-MAF Delete
-Speed Density Tune
-I wanted the LSX without the F-body attached-

My Baby: - ::SOLD:: -
defconfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by defconfire View Post
The car I am driving around an Altima around which is performance pretty similar to the G35 because it does have the VQ35DE. (The g35 is a quicker due to being RWD and a having a better intake/exhaust manifolds)

I absolutely love the engine for an econobox car it has a fantastic amount of stock power sounds great, and it has a good amount of torque for a 3.5l also it doesn't seem stressed our out of breath at higher revs like the Mustangs do.

The one thing that amazes me about that car more than performance is the economy.

Sorry about the crappy cell phone pic. But today I drove from Raleigh to Charlotte and kept this mileage all the way down, i was actually so impressed I took a pic. It would occasionaly peak around mid 37 but this was the average.

Click the image to open in full size.

So if i had the choice of a 2v Mustang or a G35 (coupe or sedan, preferably coupe) I would take the G35.

A mustang sounding stressed out or out of breath at higher revs?? That'd be the motor telling you it wants to go faster and breath better. the OEM box sucks (no pun intended). Heck the 2011 models are adding an OEM CAI with modified fuel map that alone adds 20 HP and 5-10tq. And that's OEM... you can imagine what the aftermarket will do with that.

Lets see your G35 add that much with just a CAI and tune. Anyways, I do like the G37 coupes and they cost less than a 370Z and have a back seat unlike the 370Z. Anyways, you stated it correctly that the G35 is a graet econobox...you don't buy a Mustang as an econobox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 02:53 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 2011, 40, 50, 96, beat, ford, g35, gears, gt, infinity, infinti, mustang, raced, raleigh, sedan