4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 05:24 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

don't worry so much about dyno numbers? As long as she runs well that's all that counts.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:35 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

PSI motorsports.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Those numbers don't seem low to me for a stalled auto and 278's.

You said professionally ported by you, does that mean you've done extensive research and development in finding the perfect flow patterns, or that you have a machine that is programmed to have as close to perfect symmetrical bowl patterns as possible, or does that mean you've ported heads before and thought you'd do your modular set because "How different could it be"?

Do you port heads for a living? If not then they are not professionally ported.

If yes, then Ok.

Last edited by Sxynerd; 03-27-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:53 PM
sainthk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01GT4.6
don't worry so much about dyno numbers? As long as she runs well that's all that counts.
Thanks man I needed a pick me up. She sure does sound and run good. Im putting a montage together for her right now so hope fully all have it up soon.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:02 PM
sainthk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sxynerd
Those numbers don't seem low to me for a stalled auto and 278's.

You said professionally polished by you, does that mean you've done extensive research and development in finding the perfect flow patterns, or that you have a machine that is programmed to have as close to perfect symmetrical bowl patterns as possible, or does that mean you've ported heads before and thought you'd do your modular set because "How different could it be"?

Do you port heads for a living? If not then they are not professionally ported.

If yes, then Ok.

No your right I don’t do it for a living but my skill makes me more then ordinary. I’m not a professional and I’m not saying its perfect I was more or less being sarcastic. I've ported anything from my 2v to a iron set of Pontiac heads. I've never ran a flow test and I have never established what real power I have accomplished. I’m an amateur but the research and time is there.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sainthk
No your right I don’t do it for a living but my skill makes me more then ordinary. I’m not a professional and I’m not saying its perfect I was more or less being sarcastic. I've ported anything from my 2v to a iron set of Pontiac heads. I've never ran a flow test and I have never established what real power I have accomplished. I’m an amateur but the research and time is there.
I've ported dozens of heads and although I'm confident in my skills as a "carb" head porter the 4.6 engine is toooo finicky for me to play with. Some people that port their Modular heads actually loose Hp.

I think your numbers are good and although I can't begin to understand/explain why stall's and dynos don't mix every well, I agree with what the other guy said, As long as it performs well, that's all that matters.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Bullitt5339
1st Gear Member

If you don't have a flowbench, there's about a 90% chance that your heads are hurting you. As stated earlier, 4.6's are very very very picky about velocity, and home porting on the exhaust side especially kills these heads.

edit: syxnerd beat me to it, I got distracted with the window open.......lol
Old 03-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339
If you don't have a flowbench, there's about a 90% chance that your heads are hurting you. As stated earlier, 4.6's are very very very picky about velocity, and home porting on the exhaust side especially kills these heads.

edit: syxnerd beat me to it, I got distracted with the window open.......lol
Stupid shiny things moving around, sooooo distracting, lol.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:45 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I made the same torque numbers with out cams. Why did you go 2500 stall? Stock is 2400... should have gone 3500
Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Something is off with the tuner and your heads are probably hurting your numbers as well. You should be around 290-300 rwhp.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results