4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Sniper Special Forces ?'s (cliffy)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

how hard is it to tune with sniper?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:02 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

So I just got the sniper stuff and my comp needs some .net framework stuff but I have no idea what it is because I have .net framework 5.0 and it still wont work. :/ Anybody know what to do with that?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Beamer03GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blk003GT
how hard is it to tune with sniper?
A monkey could tune with it. Really easy to use. I talked to cliffyk and he told me not to do any fuel modification until I get a wideband. Also if you adjust the global spark keep adding till you hear a ping and then back it off .5* or until ur car won't ping. Other then that it is really up front and easy to use.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
I see that Chris Stajdel responded to your post on the Delta Force forum--he will be able to give you the straight dope...
Chris hooked me up at Sniper.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:06 PM
mustangman281
Banned

Originally Posted by sailorflavor
So I just got the sniper stuff and my comp needs some .net framework stuff but I have no idea what it is because I have .net framework 5.0 and it still wont work. :/ Anybody know what to do with that?
It's on the disc. I think the directions to find it are in the manual.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sailorflavor
I are you sure you don't mean .Net Framework 3.5 ?

download and install this

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Stevecooper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Beamer03GT
A monkey could tune with it. Really easy to use. I talked to cliffyk and he told me not to do any fuel modification until I get a wideband. Also if you adjust the global spark keep adding till you hear a ping and then back it off .5* or until ur car won't ping. Other then that it is really up front and easy to use.

Well this depends largely on the application. Virtually stock Mustang, sure very simple and not much to change.

But I wouldn't' recommend running .5* before stark knock on forced induction application (I'm sure cliffy wouldn't either)
Old 05-28-2009, 09:06 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Stevecooper
Well this depends largely on the application. Virtually stock Mustang, sure very simple and not much to change.

But I wouldn't' recommend running .5* before stark knock on forced induction application (I'm sure cliffy wouldn't either)
+1k, f/i is a whole different game...

In fact if you do not have a forced induction kit from one of the reputable vendors, or if you are attempting to upgrade such a kit using components not provided by that vendor, I would not recommend Special Forces.

The reason proper f/i kits cost more than the sum of their parts is because the supplier took the time to select pieces/parts the would work together, in harmony, and test those components to make sure they do.

This is includes injectors, fuel options, MAFs, tunes, and just about everything else that comes in an f/i kit.

Special Forces is great for tweaking these properly matched systems.

However when--as many have done--someone assembles their own f/i "kit" using a "calibrated" MAF* they got at a swap meet, 60 lb/h injectors they "got from a friend", some odd-ball FMU, and other components from all over the place there are two things that become immediately necessary.

A tool to properly tune such a system (Delta Force Commando or similar), and the knowledge to use such a tool...

----------------------------------------
* - Undocumented, "calibrated", MAFs are particularly troublesome and can create all sorts of tuning problems if you don't have (or threw away as one fellow I worked with had done) the transfer data.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:26 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
+1k, f/i is a whole different game...

In fact if you do not have a forced induction kit from one of the reputable vendors, or if you are attempting to upgrade such a kit using components not provided by that vendor, I would not recommend Special Forces.

The reason proper f/i kits cost more than the sum of their parts is because the supplier took the time to select pieces/parts the would work together, in harmony, and test those components to make sure they do.

This is includes injectors, fuel options, MAFs, tunes, and just about everything else that comes in an f/i kit.

Special Forces is great for tweaking these properly matched systems.

However when--as many have done--someone assembles their own f/i "kit" using a "calibrated" MAF* they got at a swap meet, 60 lb/h injectors they "got from a friend", some odd-ball FMU, and other components from all over the place there are two things that become immediately necessary.

A tool to properly tune such a system (Delta Force Commando or similar), and the knowledge to use such a tool...

----------------------------------------
* - Undocumented, "calibrated", MAFs are particularly troublesome and can create all sorts of tuning problems if you don't have (or threw away as one fellow I worked with had done) the transfer data.

That'd be be lol. Stay away from calibrated MAFs!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangman281
It's on the disc. I think the directions to find it are in the manual.
Hey man that worked but now I can open Gas but I can't load on my interface box...any ideas? It says the software is missing off the disc???