Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #21
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 98 Mustang GT

Anyone know how loud SSS is under 3k?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
RipTide7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #22
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Camaro SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTide7 View Post
Anyone know how loud SSS is under 3k?
There is 2 different mufflers! The Adrenaline mufflers (street) and the Terminator mufflers (race). I've had both. The adrenaline is moderately quite at part throttle and loud at wot, and the terminator is loud everywhere.
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, custom tune, NX wet kit w/125 shot, chrome ZR1 rims with BFG dr's
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM   #23
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 98 Mustang GT

Thanks, sounds just like what im looking for. Does anyone know if it will fit my 98, because on AM the 98 gets grouped in with the 99-04 ehxuast.
RipTide7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:38 AM   #24
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTide7 View Post
Thanks, sounds just like what im looking for. Does anyone know if it will fit my 98, because on AM the 98 gets grouped in with the 99-04 ehxuast.
I'm not really sure! Something tells me it may not! Call John at SSS Exhaust (he created this system).
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, custom tune, NX wet kit w/125 shot, chrome ZR1 rims with BFG dr's
Old 07-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #25
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
TJ Brillhart

anybody actually get this exhaust yet thats been talking about it??? I wanna change catbacks and im thinking about the SSS catback but i would like to buy both mufflers for it. I cannot find anywhere that is selling just the mufflers. I wanna buy the catback and the terminator mufflers so i can swap them out whenever i want. I also would like to hear it more before i purchase them because i wanna make sure i like it. So sorry to dig up an old thread but i would like some info. Thanks.

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Saying there is a 1whp difference between the X and H and trying to justify it as a performance difference, is like walking 100 feet to your car and eating a cheeseburger while saying its fine because you just did "cardio".
teej281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 AM   #26
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej281 View Post
anybody actually get this exhaust yet thats been talking about it??? I wanna change catbacks and im thinking about the SSS catback but i would like to buy both mufflers for it. I cannot find anywhere that is selling just the mufflers. I wanna buy the catback and the terminator mufflers so i can swap them out whenever i want. I also would like to hear it more before i purchase them because i wanna make sure i like it. So sorry to dig up an old thread but i would like some info. Thanks.
Call John at SSS. He'll set you up.

I need to get some clips up. When i do i'll let you know.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #27
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
TJ Brillhart

The thing is, i sent one of those email things under the contact menu on their website and i never got a response back. I dont know what happened but my buddy was also looking into seeing if they were gonna make a catback to fit the irs cobras and if they were, when it would be coming out because, sounding like borla, they would have an awesome market for the termies. But no response and i wasnt happy about it.

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Saying there is a 1whp difference between the X and H and trying to justify it as a performance difference, is like walking 100 feet to your car and eating a cheeseburger while saying its fine because you just did "cardio".
teej281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #28
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej281 View Post
The thing is, i sent one of those email things under the contact menu on their website and i never got a response back. I dont know what happened but my buddy was also looking into seeing if they were gonna make a catback to fit the irs cobras and if they were, when it would be coming out because, sounding like borla, they would have an awesome market for the termies. But no response and i wasnt happy about it.
I've talked to John several times, and he said they're making a system for the irs cobras. He said they're also going to start making mid pipes as well.

Just call him direct (i've never tried emailing him). Sometimes it takes him a few days, and on a few ocassions i had to call twice, but he always returned my calls.

Since their site doesn't seem to be updated, maybe he doesn't check it or the emails too often. I'm not sure.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #29
TheFiver

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
Default SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtstang View Post
I have the SSS exhaust. They have 2 versions: The Adrenaline (street) mufflers, and the Terminator (race) mufflers. I started with the Adrenaline mufflers, and then went to the Terminator.

The Terminator race mufflers are VERY loud and agressive (even at idle), but with a nice deep tone. The Adrenaline is a tad deeper in sound, but not nearly as loud.

You can't beat this system for the price! All 304 stainless (even the hangers) and a very distinctive and awesome sound.
I just added the SSS Adrenaline and I have to say that I love them! Its the first modification I have done to this pony so everything else is stock. If you want a nice sounding system go with these! They are totally stainless and look and sound like the borla stingers. I did take some before and after vids that I will post shortly. They sound awesome. I got them in 2 days for 284.00 from stangmods, so next is a CAI system any ideas where I can get a good one at a low price that come with the tuner?

Heres the STOCK: (sorry 'bout the finger in the cam lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITtS8tiHuk

Heres with SSS Adrenaline axle back mufflers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCYgpxXl2-0

Last edited by TheFiver; 09-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.
TheFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #30
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFiver View Post
I just added the SSS Adrenaline and I have to say that I love them! Its the first modification I have done to this pony so everything else is stock. If you want a nice sounding system go with these! They are totally stainless and look and sound like the borla stingers. I did take some before and after vids that I will post shortly. They sound awesome. I got them in 2 days for 284.00 from stangmods, so next is a CAI system any ideas where I can get a good one at a low price that come with the tuner?
Yeah, i had the Adrenaline's first and they sounded great. I just wanted them a little louder, so i got the Terminator's.

I'd love to see the vids when you get a chance.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, adrenaline, axle, back, buy, catback, exhaust, forum, muffler, mufflers, mustang, problem, sss, termiator, terminator