Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #41
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 01 Mustang GT vert

Ok thats good. Im still trying to work on my dad to let me get this catback. Im wanting the terminator muffler.

I told the guy at my speed shop i was wanting this and he said i should get a JLT CAI instead of my K&N filter haha...he said id pick up a lot of power (he works on mostly LSxs).

But im mostly just wanting an exhaust, where, when i drive by and rev, people go "damn thats mean!" lol
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Built shortblock, H/C/I....70mm turbo coming together
mustangmancp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM   #42
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2002 Mustang GT Convertible
TJ Brillhart

Yea, the catted x with the terminator mufflers would sound mean. I get looks and stuff all over the place with the o/r x pipe and flowmasters. A lot of people dont like that combo on here but the general public seems to like it. But i wanna get this catback and try it with a straight catted x without headers.

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Saying there is a 1whp difference between the X and H and trying to justify it as a performance difference, is like walking 100 feet to your car and eating a cheeseburger while saying its fine because you just did "cardio".
teej281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #43
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Camaro SS

With the Terminator's you definantely want a catted x or h, unless you like it stupid loud!

The one thing i haven't tried is a catted x. I'd like to hear this with the Terminator's as well.
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, Vector custom tune, NX wet kit w/100 shot, 17 X 9 chrome ZR1 rims with Nitto dr's
mrtstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #44
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

TJ Brillhart

I like stupid loud!!! I would love to hear a side by side comparison of the SSS terminators with an o/r x and l/t's to LM1's with the same combo. Just cus i wanna hear the sounds of the two and how they differ.

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Saying there is a 1whp difference between the X and H and trying to justify it as a performance difference, is like walking 100 feet to your car and eating a cheeseburger while saying its fine because you just did "cardio".
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM   #45
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teej281 View Post
I like stupid loud!!! I would love to hear a side by side comparison of the SSS terminators with an o/r x and l/t's to LM1's with the same combo. Just cus i wanna hear the sounds of the two and how they differ.
Haha...then you would've loved my setup with the o/r x. It did sound like a beast at WOT. I just couldn't take the constant popping and raspyness that came alone with it.

From what i can tell the LM 1's are still a tad louder. It should be though. They're not even an actual muffler...just a hollow resonator basically. The Teminator's still have a nice deep tone, whereas the LM 1's are just alot of noise with no real tone.

It would be fun to hear the difference though.
2000 Camaro SS, 6-speed with 4.10's, Pacesetter long tubes, ORY pipe, Magnaflow 14419 w/FM merge, forged TMS 370 LQ9, TSP stage 2.5/5.3 (862) heads, TMS custom cam, LS6 intake, SLP lid, ASP UD crank pulley, ported stock TB, SSRA, LS2/LS6 MAF, Detroit Truetrack with stock 10 bolt, Vector custom tune, NX wet kit w/100 shot, 17 X 9 chrome ZR1 rims with Nitto dr's
Old 09-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #46
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

TJ Brillhart

You should do another video of the o/r x pipe that we can hear it a little bit better and driving. Cus we all know that cars sound different under load than not.

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #47
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Very true! I wanted to that day, but it was way too busy out. We would've had to travel out of town a good bit to find some quiet open areas.

I do plan on making some more vids, but it'll be with the catted h only, because i sold the x pipe to my buddy.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #48
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

TJ Brillhart

Well 01GT4.6 sold his car to someone else and he still gets to drive it. lol but i gotcha. I wanna hear more of this man. It sounded sooo good. And move the camera back some to get a better quality clip of it.

Member of Team IRS-GT #2

Quote:
Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM   #49
CruizinConcepts
Platinum Sponsor

Vehicle: 05, ford, mustang

I can say personally that we have sold a ton of the SSS exhaust systems in the past couple of years. The 99-04 system sounds the best in my opinion and the fact that SSS offers systems at these price points in 304 stainless is a rare thing at the price points they have! We have the 99-04 systems at 349 for forum members w/free shipping.

They now also have chambered systems for the 05+ as well as terminator systems which are very aggressive and fit through the 2010!

Mike,

Cruizin Concepts Wholesale LLC

Visit us online:
http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale.com/
http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/
http://www.facebook.com/CruizinConcepts

CruizinConcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:39 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2005, adrenaline, axle, back, buy, catback, exhaust, forum, muffler, mufflers, mustang, problem, sss, termiator, terminator