4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Pypes Vs SSS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:42 AM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Anyone know how loud SSS is under 3k?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:55 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RipTide7
Anyone know how loud SSS is under 3k?
There is 2 different mufflers! The Adrenaline mufflers (street) and the Terminator mufflers (race). I've had both. The adrenaline is moderately quite at part throttle and loud at wot, and the terminator is loud everywhere.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
RipTide7
3rd Gear Member

Thanks, sounds just like what im looking for. Does anyone know if it will fit my 98, because on AM the 98 gets grouped in with the 99-04 ehxuast.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:38 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RipTide7
Thanks, sounds just like what im looking for. Does anyone know if it will fit my 98, because on AM the 98 gets grouped in with the 99-04 ehxuast.
I'm not really sure! Something tells me it may not! Call John at SSS Exhaust (he created this system).
Old 07-20-2009, 11:36 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

anybody actually get this exhaust yet thats been talking about it??? I wanna change catbacks and im thinking about the SSS catback but i would like to buy both mufflers for it. I cannot find anywhere that is selling just the mufflers. I wanna buy the catback and the terminator mufflers so i can swap them out whenever i want. I also would like to hear it more before i purchase them because i wanna make sure i like it. So sorry to dig up an old thread but i would like some info. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
anybody actually get this exhaust yet thats been talking about it??? I wanna change catbacks and im thinking about the SSS catback but i would like to buy both mufflers for it. I cannot find anywhere that is selling just the mufflers. I wanna buy the catback and the terminator mufflers so i can swap them out whenever i want. I also would like to hear it more before i purchase them because i wanna make sure i like it. So sorry to dig up an old thread but i would like some info. Thanks.
Call John at SSS. He'll set you up.

I need to get some clips up. When i do i'll let you know.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:19 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

The thing is, i sent one of those email things under the contact menu on their website and i never got a response back. I dont know what happened but my buddy was also looking into seeing if they were gonna make a catback to fit the irs cobras and if they were, when it would be coming out because, sounding like borla, they would have an awesome market for the termies. But no response and i wasnt happy about it.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:25 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
The thing is, i sent one of those email things under the contact menu on their website and i never got a response back. I dont know what happened but my buddy was also looking into seeing if they were gonna make a catback to fit the irs cobras and if they were, when it would be coming out because, sounding like borla, they would have an awesome market for the termies. But no response and i wasnt happy about it.
I've talked to John several times, and he said they're making a system for the irs cobras. He said they're also going to start making mid pipes as well.

Just call him direct (i've never tried emailing him). Sometimes it takes him a few days, and on a few ocassions i had to call twice, but he always returned my calls.

Since their site doesn't seem to be updated, maybe he doesn't check it or the emails too often. I'm not sure.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:19 PM
TheFiver

Default SSS

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I have the SSS exhaust. They have 2 versions: The Adrenaline (street) mufflers, and the Terminator (race) mufflers. I started with the Adrenaline mufflers, and then went to the Terminator.

The Terminator race mufflers are VERY loud and agressive (even at idle), but with a nice deep tone. The Adrenaline is a tad deeper in sound, but not nearly as loud.

You can't beat this system for the price! All 304 stainless (even the hangers) and a very distinctive and awesome sound.
I just added the SSS Adrenaline and I have to say that I love them! Its the first modification I have done to this pony so everything else is stock. If you want a nice sounding system go with these! They are totally stainless and look and sound like the borla stingers. I did take some before and after vids that I will post shortly. They sound awesome. I got them in 2 days for 284.00 from stangmods, so next is a CAI system any ideas where I can get a good one at a low price that come with the tuner?

Heres the STOCK: (sorry 'bout the finger in the cam lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITtS8tiHuk

Heres with SSS Adrenaline axle back mufflers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCYgpxXl2-0

Last edited by TheFiver; 09-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheFiver
I just added the SSS Adrenaline and I have to say that I love them! Its the first modification I have done to this pony so everything else is stock. If you want a nice sounding system go with these! They are totally stainless and look and sound like the borla stingers. I did take some before and after vids that I will post shortly. They sound awesome. I got them in 2 days for 284.00 from stangmods, so next is a CAI system any ideas where I can get a good one at a low price that come with the tuner?
Yeah, i had the Adrenaline's first and they sounded great. I just wanted them a little louder, so i got the Terminator's.

I'd love to see the vids when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: Pypes Vs SSS Exhaust