4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Best aftermarket parts for my car....

Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
vickers

Originally Posted by boduke0220
oh yea and Lower it...that shoulda been my first mod after the 4.10's.
not bad. my buddy has an 03 mineral gray GT... has had it for about a year and he can do some strange wheelin' & dealin'.... he has been without a job for about a year.. and he has made his car look amazing in the last 2 weeks... it looked like crap when he got it.. it had 95' cobra r wheels that had been spray painted black.. and chipping... with red painted lug nuts... and the weird angel eye headlights..no fog lights... a miss... just... horrible... in the last 2 weeks he has traded/etc... he has got the smoked foglights... new fog lights... traded the wheels for some bullet wheels with good tires... did a spoiler delete... traded stock springs for eibach 2'' drop springs... got a dry nitrous shot... got a screen for it.. fixed the miss... got it running good..all with no job...must be nice...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:53 PM
vickers

its not that i dont want a beast of a machine smartass... i just want to do it myway.. im just looking for brands that are good.. my buddies car... all that is done to it is a MAC CAI, O/R H-Pipe.. flowmasters... 3.73's... and it has a roush short shifter... he's beat turbo'd civics.. high-comp nitrous civic's... mustangs... the only thing he hasnt beat that he has raced was our buddies 99' Z28.. and a twin turbo 300ZX..
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I'll tell you what bolt ons i could actually feel! The long tubes & h pipe, tune, gears, and of course nitrous. The rest may have helped (my mods are in my sig) but i couldn't feel it!

If you want some real power for little money (as little as we can get...lol) why not try a shot of N20 with 4.10 gears, and a tune?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vickers
its not that i dont want a beast of a machine smartass... i just want to do it myway.. im just looking for brands that are good.. my buddies car... all that is done to it is a MAC CAI, O/R H-Pipe.. flowmasters... 3.73's... and it has a roush short shifter... he's beat turbo'd civics.. high-comp nitrous civic's... mustangs... the only thing he hasnt beat that he has raced was our buddies 99' Z28.. and a twin turbo 300ZX..

wow, civics huh??

why ask for help if you already know what your looking for? im sorry maybe i should ask you what my car needs since you know everything? geez, friggin noobs these days
Old 07-06-2009, 11:57 PM
vickers

i forgot to put his nitrous kit... its a dry shot with a 50 hp jet.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
vickers

maybe because when this tread started i was asking what brands you thought were good... not how u would build my car.. im sorry if u dont think that a gt with just those bolt on's beating a fully build civic with spray is impressive or a built civic on 12lbs is impressive but i sure do so go do ur own thing and just contribute if u have anything helpful to say. i may be a noob but im not totally stupid.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:01 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Take it from someone who has been around the block for a few years: You already have the money to buy a supercharger set up RIGHT NOW. DO IT, I promise you; you will regret it if you go bolt ons.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 AM
vickers

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Take it from someone who has been around the block for a few years: You already have the money to buy a supercharger set up RIGHT NOW. DO IT, I promise you; you will regret it if you go bolt ons.

how reliable would that setup be?
Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

how reliable would that setup be?
Extremely reliable. Even if for whatever reason the supercharger takes a dump you can get it rebuilt for a couple hundred buck, good as new.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

or save up a tad more and get the new non intecooled V3...so you dont have to tap your oil pan..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best aftermarket parts for my car....