4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Best aftermarket parts for my car....

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

a nice nitrous setup would be pretty good
Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000016c

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000016c

BUY GEARS NOW!!! 4.10's for $130 and 3.73's for $150!!! And the trac-lok rebuild kit is the clutches for your differential that probably need replaced. But if youre not gonna do it yourself, just upgrade everything to 31 spline stuff and get a new cobra diff for $270. But that stuff is from CJ Pony Parts outside of Harrisburg.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

^ i belive there located in mechanicsburg, i've been there myself a few times i really should know lol.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

And to the OP, do what you want with the car man. I see you probably dont want to just piece a kit together. You want all the parts you need in a box so you dont have to worry about locating stuff and making sure that someone sold you the right part or didnt screw you over by selling you a fox body blower or the wrong fittings or mounting bracketry or hardware. Perfectly understandable. Id say go ahead and start with your exhaust and get longtube headers with a shorty midpipe and catback of your choosing. Then i would get the gears^^^listed above(3.73's if you would want to do something like a kenne bell in the future would be great) along with the cobra diff^^^mentioned above as well with either FRPP or Moser 31 spline axles would be great. Then I would tackle your suspension. Get yourself a nice set of upper and lower control arms(adjustable uppers will be great) and some new shocks and struts would also help. Then i would get some lowering springs so you dont start receiving something in the mail to join the local 4x4 club. And a short throw shifter will work wonders for your shifting. I personally have a steeda tri-ax and it works great. Pretty much shifts itself...not really but hard shifting and daily driving are a breeze with it. So full exhaust, built rear, control arms, shifter will get you ****in' and gettin' pretty good and then lowering springs and shocks and struts will just further aid you in the future. Good brand for control arms are team z, baseline, hpm, and a lot of people on here like UPR. Watch out for spherical rod ends if you dont like a noisy ride because they are metal to metal and make for a slightly rougher, noisier ride. But they do react better to launches than poly bushings. Also, UPI makes some good ones as well. Longtubes you can go with mac, bbk, pypes(which are stainless steel for not too much coin). They all work and fit pretty well. All of them get a set here or there that dont fit right but they are all pretty good. I think that covers a lot of what youre looking for. And right now, that might not make you the fasted stock block mustang gt on the planet but it will make you happy for the time being until you can get a blower or nitrous or whatever you wanna do to make your car what you want it to be.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up +1000

Originally Posted by teej281
And to the OP, do what you want with the car man. I see you probably dont want to just piece a kit together. You want all the parts you need in a box so you dont have to worry about locating stuff and making sure that someone sold you the right part or didnt screw you over by selling you a fox body blower or the wrong fittings or mounting bracketry or hardware. Perfectly understandable. Id say go ahead and start with your exhaust and get longtube headers with a shorty midpipe and catback of your choosing. Then i would get the gears^^^listed above(3.73's if you would want to do something like a kenne bell in the future would be great) along with the cobra diff^^^mentioned above as well with either FRPP or Moser 31 spline axles would be great. Then I would tackle your suspension. Get yourself a nice set of upper and lower control arms(adjustable uppers will be great) and some new shocks and struts would also help. Then i would get some lowering springs so you dont start receiving something in the mail to join the local 4x4 club. And a short throw shifter will work wonders for your shifting. I personally have a steeda tri-ax and it works great. Pretty much shifts itself...not really but hard shifting and daily driving are a breeze with it. So full exhaust, built rear, control arms, shifter will get you ****in' and gettin' pretty good and then lowering springs and shocks and struts will just further aid you in the future. Good brand for control arms are team z, baseline, hpm, and a lot of people on here like UPR. Watch out for spherical rod ends if you dont like a noisy ride because they are metal to metal and make for a slightly rougher, noisier ride. But they do react better to launches than poly bushings. Also, UPI makes some good ones as well. Longtubes you can go with mac, bbk, pypes(which are stainless steel for not too much coin). They all work and fit pretty well. All of them get a set here or there that dont fit right but they are all pretty good. I think that covers a lot of what youre looking for. And right now, that might not make you the fasted stock block mustang gt on the planet but it will make you happy for the time being until you can get a blower or nitrous or whatever you wanna do to make your car what you want it to be.