4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

pics of the car all detailed up, as well as headlight resto results!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:49 AM
happster

Default pics of the car all detailed up, as well as headlight resto results!

i've been at school without my stang for way too long now, so now that i'm back home in TX i've been really spoilin' her. i cleaned up the headlights with the 3m headlight resto kit, and it worked GREAT. mine were particularly bad and it could have used a second kit, but it still worked phenomenally. if you don't wanna go and buy everything separate, this 20 buck kit really does the trick. part number is 39008, they sell em at o'reilly's.
before:

after:

and a few more shots after polishing and waxing all day, i wanna show off all my hard work

Old 07-10-2009, 09:07 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Very nice. Did you have the same problems with the headlights where it looks like somebody went and sanded them?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

headlight oxidation ftl, gj on restoring them=P
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 AM
04CompetitionOrange
3rd Gear Member

shiny....good job.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:45 AM
08droptop
2nd Gear Member

nice, that makes a HUGE difference
Old 07-10-2009, 10:41 AM
liljojo4711
4th Gear Member

looks good but i never liked the brown top vert, especially on black
Old 07-10-2009, 11:03 AM
happster

Originally Posted by 02TrueBlueGT
Very nice. Did you have the same problems with the headlights where it looks like somebody went and sanded them?
you mean before? it had all sorts of weird scratches and horrible yellowed oxidation all over it. the 3m kit comes with different grits of sandpaper so you actually do SAND off all that crap, and then you buff it with their compound (also included) after wet sanding it so that it's smooth. there's no sign of the sanding as it has been sanded off.

i gotta say that little kit beats the heck out of getting a new set of headlights! i put the money i would have spent on those into getting some new speakers

the tan top goes well with my tan interior- i like the look it gives the car. snazzy and sophisticated

i could barely see at night with the headlights the way they were, so not only was it an aesthetic improvement, it was also a LOT safer to drive at night. down here in texas you gotta be as prepared as possible to avoid getting hit by a deer!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:35 AM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by happster
down here in texas you gotta be as prepared as possible to avoid getting hit by a deer!
Yes, because in Texas, the DEER run into YOU! :P

Looks good man. I always loved a well-kept black car. NOW GET A CATBACK! Those rusty 2.25" pipes are not very becoming!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
happster

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak

Looks good man. I always loved a well-kept black car. NOW GET A CATBACK! Those rusty 2.25" pipes are not very becoming!
it has a catback- it's just an OLD catback.... i don't know what the heck to do about those tips, they look like crap and i can't polish them up- i'd need a polishing WHEEL of some kind to get all the tarnished stuff off those!

and yes, they DO run into YOU.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:52 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PaintballFreak

Not to threadjack, but I was visiting family in NH last fall, and I was driving about 25 mph along the coast. There was a deer on the other side of the road, just eating grass. As I was passing the deer, all of the sudden he (or she) started running, and ran right into the side of my car. I had to replace the side scoop. Freakin deer.

Quick Reply: pics of the car all detailed up, as well as headlight resto results!