4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

***Might be my new Mustang***??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

i guese thats better than showing more miles
Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

Wannbegearhead? what do u mean? you saying buy the mid millage car now?

im 20 I maid profit on eebery car. first car was a 96GT Vert.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:41 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

You're not being patient because you're yet to even sit your self down and write out exactly what you want.

I was looking for another thread where I thought I commented, but I was unable to find it.

You need to decide what your REAL price range is, and then look around and find the lowest mileage car you can for that price range.

You you keep finding these high mileage cars instead of looking and being patient and finding what you really want. You can't come on here and expect us to convince you into convincing yourself you really want the car, or else it'll just be another bought and then sold tally on your already excessive count.

Hell, if I was not attached to my car I'd sell it to you for 7,000 so you'd quit all this nonsense. (99GT 86K) Personally, I think you ought to be able to find a '99-'03 right now with 40-60K miles for around 7,000 dollars. The New Edge Mustangs are already 2 generations behind, and approaching 7-10 years old depending on model year.

Now should be the time to gobble them up, not make yourself bend over backwards to 'accept' something you think you like.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 AM
paintball1
3rd Gear Member

yeaa they should be around in MD, VA,DC there alot. I dont' know why..
Old 09-28-2009, 12:50 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

If it has 373 and the speedo has not been adjusted the speedo will read faster. If you are driving 55 it may read a little over 60, therefore the odometer thinks you are covering more miles than you are, so the odometer will read higher as well.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Oh yeah, car is okay, I would personally save for a lower mileage stang. Seems like the car is up your alley in looks though, so maybe talk him down a little and get it if you want it.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:37 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Lightbulb Just an idea

Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT
You're not being patient because you're yet to even sit your self down and write out exactly what you want.

I was looking for another thread where I thought I commented, but I was unable to find it.

You need to decide what your REAL price range is, and then look around and find the lowest mileage car you can for that price range.

You you keep finding these high mileage cars instead of looking and being patient and finding what you really want. You can't come on here and expect us to convince you into convincing yourself you really want the car, or else it'll just be another bought and then sold tally on your already excessive count.

Hell, if I was not attached to my car I'd sell it to you for 7,000 so you'd quit all this nonsense. (99GT 86K) Personally, I think you ought to be able to find a '99-'03 right now with 40-60K miles for around 7,000 dollars. The New Edge Mustangs are already 2 generations behind, and approaching 7-10 years old depending on model year.

Now should be the time to gobble them up, not make yourself bend over backwards to 'accept' something you think you like.
There is some great light being shed to you son. Unless you MUST have a MUSTANG now.... just wait. I know that MD is expensive and deals on cars around some parts are far and few in between. Haste makes waste. Don't jump on the first thing that bites. Why settle for less when it seems like at least to me that you want maxium for your buck. So shop around. The mid-west in general is a great place for good stangs righ up your alley if your willing to drive or pay for them being driven out to you. IMO i think your kinda selling yourself short.

"You need to decide what your REAL price range is, and then look around and find the lowest mileage car you can for that price range."

^^^GREAT^^^
Old 09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by paintball1
You think the car looks horrible.
I forgot the " n't " on the "Does", lol. Doesn't look horrible but dirty engines make me cry.

Dirty engines just make me worry. It could mean nothing.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:48 PM
89lxhatch
1st Gear Member

i would wait, and see what else when you look closely at the pics you can see all the small flaws, and there is a buch, the bumper is road rashed up, the paint is cracking the rims are shot, the interior is worn, kinda a high price for that many miles. All those flaws may be small, but a bunch of small flaws add up quick when you wanna start fixing everything to make the car pristine like most of us want our cars to be. I just bought my 89 fox, completely stock with 49543 miles on it for only 3 grand, but i waited and waited until it popped up, which i think you should do, there will be somebody out there in a mid life crisis that will need cash quick and will part with that model of mustang for cheap if you just wait and be patient, i see them all the time
Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM
89lxhatch
1st Gear Member

like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-...=p4506.c0.m245