4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

PICS inside Steeda springs no isos and 1" wheel spacer

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 07:36 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Default PICS inside Steeda springs no isos and 1" wheel spacer

So the before pictures are really older ones from this summer. The new pics don't have my new tail lights in them because I haven't installed them yet. But some people were wanting to see before and after differences from removing the isos. I removed all of the front and rear ones and have noticed no noise at all but it does feel nice and firm now I also installed some 1" wheel spacers. Ignore the paint damage. I refuse to fix it till next fall when I am back in the lower 48 and can get decent rates on paint work! Also these are the Steeda Sport line of springs. Also the car is dirty. Been in my garage for a few weeks and I am waiting to order the no rinse car wash since it's 15 degrees out and my garage has no drain lol. Suprisingly there is no snow on the ground as it's "unseasonably warm" here in Alaska It's normally 20 below zero or colder right now with about 2 feet of snow!

Before:

AFTER:

Last edited by lizzyfan; 10-25-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Also note the car is leaning because of the small ditch it's parked on. It's actually slightly lower than that when level. The difference is pretty damn noticeable in person. Just wish I had of left the isos out to begin with!
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Car looks good, much better than before with the drop now.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

i can DEFINITELY see a difference.. it looks as though the front dropped at least .5"... the rear looks like it dropped .5" max.... but the stance is 100x better now... that little bit seriously does make a difference..

how long did it take you and what write up did you go by?

im def doing this

love u for taking pics. thanks
Old 10-26-2009, 12:01 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Crazy question, but do you have any pics of what the stock Isos looked like after you took them out?? And did you take off the rubber piece that wraps around each end coil of the spring itself as well as the top and bottom isolators??
Old 10-26-2009, 12:08 AM
UmX
3rd Gear Member

looks good.. thats alaska i always had a diff picture of how it looked..
Old 10-26-2009, 01:06 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

LOL they were taken here on base. And don't be fooled. It's normally under at least 2 feet of snow at this time of year! We have had some snow so far but it's only been down to about 12 or so degrees at night. As far as the install guide I followed the same write up I used to install my springs. Goto Mustangworld.com and click howtos. They forgot to mention when taking apart the front suspension you must disconnect the sway bar endlink at the top before you lower the jack. It's so easy to do this I did it alone in my garage heh. The front springs have a rubber cup type iso and one around the coil and the backs have 2 cup styles basically. I took every rubber isolator out.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
cobra dreamer
2nd Gear Member

Looks way better with out them!

But i do have to say Alaskan has to have the ugliest plates
Old 10-26-2009, 02:26 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

The plates are MUCH better now. I jsut am stuck with the ugly *** old style yellow plates! Also thanks for jinxing me guys on the way Alaska looks lol. It's snowing like hell today. Prob have a foot by night time heh.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:30 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Looks really good man I like it.

OT but my girlfriends sister and her husband are stationed in Anchorage. He's in the Air Force as well. Small world (kinda) lol

Quick Reply: PICS inside Steeda springs no isos and 1" wheel spacer