Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
EWO

Default Wanting a 99-04.

What year(s) were they equiped with the variable traction control, or none at all?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
EWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:24 AM   #2
JC316
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Cobra

99 and up has traction control optional.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 GT Vert 600rw (Gone)

.....+1
Old 10-27-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: '04 Mustang GT

Get a 4 valve
Old 10-27-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Buy boneless skinless chicken breast.

Also, 99+ had TC optional. I think most of them have it.
99GTvert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: stang go bye bye

if you dont have a button to turn it off does that mean you dont have TC? my bothers 2000 had a button near rear defrost button buy my 04 doesnt have one.
smitty2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
99GTvert
is my username.

Vehicle: 1
well, its getting cold outside again...****in reached down to the 40s the other day.  almost can't wait for the snowy stuff............................almost i don't have a twitter account nor have i ever been to a twitter web page (update: i have), but if i ever did decide to take the plunge i will let you know by posting it in this awesome little box of text (update: not really)! i like tacos lol...though between crunchy tacos and soft tacos i cannot really say which one is better.  sometimes, the mess a crunchy taco leaves behind is a little annoying while the soft taco just doesn't have the same taste... cake is so much better than pie no, srsly.  **** pie. ****ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty2919 View Post
if you dont have a button to turn it off does that mean you dont have TC? my bothers 2000 had a button near rear defrost button buy my 04 doesnt have one.
That probably means you don't have TC. You don't see a button for it near the stereo or AC controls? Earlier new edges have their TC on/off button near the shifter, and the newer ones were moved up by the stereo.

...quick question, was the rear defrost button on the left side of the steering wheel? Silly question, but I don't think there ever was a TC on/off button on that side of the dash.
99GTvert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #8
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT

Ya the traction control is right by the shifter. My 2000 didn't have a button for it but when I took out the panel (talking about the piece where the button should have been located) it had the plug in for the traction control button. So I went out and bought a panel with the button. Haven't hooked it up yet but I'm hoping it will work.
WannaBeGearHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: stang go bye bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
That probably means you don't have TC. You don't see a button for it near the stereo or AC controls? Earlier new edges have their TC on/off button near the shifter, and the newer ones were moved up by the stereo.

...quick question, was the rear defrost button on the left side of the steering wheel? Silly question, but I don't think there ever was a TC on/off button on that side of the dash.
nope i have a rear defrost button-----dummy button(plug)-----foglight button.

in that order left to right at the bottom of my center console at the base of my shifter(5spd) almost like the TC button could have been where the plug is.
smitty2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
tws1098
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead View Post
Ya the traction control is right by the shifter. My 2000 didn't have a button for it but when I took out the panel (talking about the piece where the button should have been located) it had the plug in for the traction control button. So I went out and bought a panel with the button. Haven't hooked it up yet but I'm hoping it will work.
It shouldn't, it has the wiring because many cars come wired for every option available. If the option isn't included when the car is built, the wiring remains but there is no use for it. More simply, they won't let you just buy a $20 button instead of the $500 (idk how much it costs) option.

This would also be similar to the foglights. If your car didnt come with foglights you cant just hook up a switch to the wiring that is there, because you don't have foglights.

Questions about 4v heads on a 2v, eaton on a 2v, gears, cams? LOOK HERE! - http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-...formation.html

Last edited by tws1098; 10-27-2009 at 02:37 PM.
tws1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:31 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement