4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Fiberglass sub enclousures esp for verts

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 07:53 AM
sweetcoupe

Default Fiberglass sub enclousures esp for verts

Im looking at building a fiberglass molded box into each corner of the trunk. I have a 03 vert with the mach 1000 system. I was gonn take the two ugly sub boxes out and mold some boxes into the corners tight so i actually gain some room and it will most likely sound better. I could mold a bunch up and sell them to you guys if anyone is interested. Im tryin to gauge the intrest in them and was also gonna throw some up on ebay once completed
Old 07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
gec
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good sweet. Are you thinking 10's or 12's? Any idea of pricing for the set?
Old 07-22-2009, 10:27 AM
sweetcoupe

Well i would do the size that is currently in the car and just put the mach subs in there. I can do any size really just depends on what will actually fit. I may be able to squeeze 12s. As far as pricing I havent thought of it yet. ill have to do some research and see how long it takes me. Shouldnt be too bad ive done a bunch of fiberglass work before just never know what you can run into. I was just trying to gauge interest and usually thats what propels me to do something ... if i can make money off of it
Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 AM
sweetcoupe

Not too much interest huh... lol

Imma start workin on it Monday....maybe once people see the product requests will start rollin in
Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea make some and take pics...im kinda lookin at somthin like this.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:34 AM
01GTDropTop
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Yea make some and take pics...im kinda lookin at somthin like this.
^--- +1
Old 07-25-2009, 10:49 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sweetcoupe
Im looking at building a fiberglass molded box into each corner of the trunk. I have a 03 vert with the mach 1000 system. I was gonn take the two ugly sub boxes out and mold some boxes into the corners tight so i actually gain some room and it will most likely sound better. I could mold a bunch up and sell them to you guys if anyone is interested. Im tryin to gauge the intrest in them and was also gonna throw some up on ebay once completed
I did this with my car, but I took my whole system out because I was tired of my trunk rattling and worrying about my stuff getting stolen lol.

What I did to build mine was just built a front for the sub to attach to and give a lip about an inch on each end of the front for the fiberglass to stick onto. I then molded the fiberglass to the approximate shape of my those spaces in the trunk then covered it with carpet when it was all done. came out pretty nice.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:50 AM
sweetcoupe

Default Starting

Hey guys i know its been a while, my dad needed to borrow the car cause his broke down and then after that I got my 4.10 rear and Diablo Preditor tuner installed.... then i was having fun but back to business!

I started doing the dirty work to get these things going and took some pics to post up on the progress. Couple things I noticed,1) the subs will fit nicely in the box I make since they are just a typical sub with the screw holes to mount (even though ford doesnt use them). 2) again with the niceness, the wires that travel into the original box have a rubber grommet that comes out so if i drill the same size hole it will fit in tight and seal just like the old one, and the wires connect to the subs with typical slide on connectors (I was afraid there would be a bulky OEM connector). 3), for the bad, kinda, the bolts that hold the original mach boxes in will be sticking up and doing nothing at least on the one side since my box wont come out as far giving you more trunk room and looking better at the same time. You could cut them off or the whole mounting plate itself but it really doesnt bother me that much.

Pics are below, im in the early stages obviously but im now focused on getting it done. Once i remove the back molded wall on both sides i can then make a mold of that which will make it easier to make some for however is interested on here and ebay. And it will free up my car.

Anyone know if the coupe and converitble w/o the mach system has similar molded side shapes as the convertible mach setup i have? Id like to know who i can market it too since it will probably be the first question i get.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 04:50 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

^^^where's da pics???
Old 09-10-2009, 10:42 PM
runriot

pics...............

Quick Reply: Fiberglass sub enclousures esp for verts