4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Wiring Q's: Termi wing/trunklid on my '99. Which wires do I splice into? (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
STREETFIGHTER50
1st Gear Member

Default Wiring Q's: Termi wing/trunklid on my '99. Which wires do I splice into? (PICS)

I was told everything was plug & play, but I guess it's different for the '99 harness (4 wires, the Cobra LED has 2). I'm out of town at my sisters so I don't have the test light. Heres some pics below. As u can see they're totally different plugs. Which ones do I need to splice into? The two center wires? Green & black like the two coming from the Cobra LED??

Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

I've got a termi wing on my stock trunklid. I bought an OEM Cobra trunklid harness from Ford cause I wanted everything to be plug and play, otherwise it wouldn't be.

My friend recently put on a complete termi trunklid on car too, and all we did was cut the plug off the GT harness and stuck the wires into the brakelight plug coming off the termi wing. Yes cut off the GT plug and stick the green and black wires into the corresponding holes on the cobra plug. He chose not to cut off the cobra plug because one day he may buy the cobra trunklid harness later.

Last edited by StriderTacticaL; 12-06-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 PM
STREETFIGHTER50
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
I've got a termi wing on my stock trunklid. I bought an OEM Cobra trunklid harness from Ford cause I wanted everything to be plug and play, otherwise it wouldn't be.

My friend recently put on a complete termi trunklid on car too, and all we did was cut the plug off the GT harness and stuck the wires into the brakelight plug coming off the termi wing. Yes cut off the GT plug and stick the green and black wires into the corresponding holes on the cobra plug. He chose not to cut off the cobra plug because one day he may buy the cobra trunklid harness later.
Yeah I don't really wanna cut the gray plug off the Cobra LED wires. How much did that Cobra trunklid harness run u?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:00 AM
StriderTacticaL
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50
Yeah I don't really wanna cut the gray plug off the Cobra LED wires. How much did that Cobra trunklid harness run u?
It was about $62 from my Ford dealership.

Just out of curiousity, did you measure and drill all the holes for the termi wing? I did the extra 3 on the middle of the top part but didn't do the 2 on the bottom because it was hard to measure. I tried as best as I could to get it straight, and for the most part it is except the whole spoiler seems to be sitting about 3mm or so too high.

Is your's anything like that?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
soccerman002
2nd Gear Member

I had to replace the third brake light on the Saleen wing that came mounted to my Cobra when I bought it. The brake light had no harnesss, so I just did what the guy above mentioned and stuck the two wires from the brake light into the harness then wrapped the harness with electrical tape.

Once it's done, it's done. I wouldn't waste money on the other harness, unless for some odd reason you plan on undoing the wiring very often.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 PM
STREETFIGHTER50
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by StriderTacticaL
It was about $62 from my Ford dealership.

Just out of curiousity, did you measure and drill all the holes for the termi wing? I did the extra 3 on the middle of the top part but didn't do the 2 on the bottom because it was hard to measure. I tried as best as I could to get it straight, and for the most part it is except the whole spoiler seems to be sitting about 3mm or so too high.

Is your's anything like that?
I was lucky to pick up the whole trunklid/wing from a friend. He's parting out an '04 Cobra same color as my car. I shouldve cut the other plug off the '04 Cobra trunklid harness, but thought it was all the same from what I was told by everyone.