4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

I used to work for SCT and know them all pretty good.

If its a 5 speed any are good and its all in the hands of the tuner how good the file you get is for your car.

If its a 4R70W then only SCT needs to be considered as the others do not have full control of the automatic's functions and it seems they never will.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nickmckinney
I used to work for SCT and know them all pretty good.

If its a 5 speed any are good and its all in the hands of the tuner how good the file you get is for your car.

If its a 4R70W then only SCT needs to be considered as the others do not have full control of the automatic's functions and it seems they never will.
What functions does Diablo not have for an auto?

If they are significant I would switch to SCT. I have an auto and Diablo.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:31 PM
lowered4point6

I have a Diablo but i havent gone to get my car tuned yet. should i sell it and get an SCT? I got it at a really cheap price.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

my buddy hates his diablo so much he is switching to sct (for his 02 f250)
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
my buddy hates his diablo so much he is switching to sct (for his 02 f250)
What does he hate about it and what is he expecting to get out of SCT that the Diablo did not offer?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:40 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Depends on what you are doing with the auto, there are as many functions in it as the motor in the SCT software. When you start screwing with trying to keep the converter locked at WOT it seems only the SCT can do it. Many tunes don't do this as you need a real converter to be safe locked at WOT. There are other little things missing I found (only with the 4R70W functions) enough to where I never bothered with any of the others again.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:42 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

Originally Posted by lilcrate
What does he hate about it and what is he expecting to get out of SCT that the Diablo did not offer?
not sure, ill ask him and post back up in this thread after he tells me...i know hes had a lot of problems with **** not running how its supposed to

ill get back to you
Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nickmckinney
Depends on what you are doing with the auto, there are as many functions in it as the motor in the SCT software. When you start screwing with trying to keep the converter locked at WOT it seems only the SCT can do it. Many tunes don't do this as you need a real converter to be safe locked at WOT. There are other little things missing I found (only with the 4R70W functions) enough to where I never bothered with any of the others again.
I have been debating switching to SCT, but don't see anything wrong with Diablo at this point. So I would like to put it off until I get a wideband and go with special forces or any totally custom one. As far as transmission settings in Diablo, shift pressure in each shift at partial throttle or wide open. Shift points at WOT. Rev limiter. Torque Modulation for each gear with 3 different settings( on, off, medium). Not too experienced so not sure what more I could benefit from that a tuner would offer. My car shifts fast and hard, it grabs a 3rd (street tires).
Old 12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

well all know is that when I install the diablo tune my fog lights stop working LOL.... yes i have uninstalled the tune and they worked, then reinstall and no worky again
Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dteal23
well all know is that when I install the diablo tune my fog lights stop working LOL.... yes i have uninstalled the tune and they worked, then reinstall and no worky again
WTF? That's crazy. Are you installing it from a hand held tuner?

Quick Reply: ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo