4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
WTF? That's crazy. Are you installing it from a hand held tuner?
yup, it doesnt bug me i dont give a ****... but when install my blower (thinking about going with single turbo instead) and get ready for a tune i'm going with sct.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 AM
snowdevil2002

Originally Posted by ddmsgtr1
Sooner or later you're going to want to do a major upgrade of some type that's going to need professional tuning. If you're comfortable with tuning, sure, get the Sniper Delta Force program. If not, find out what the shop that's going to be tuning the car runs. I can tell you most shops here in south jersey run SCT software.
awsome man yea i do plan a lot of other mods for right now the tune is my biggest road block just because there are so many different options and finding the right way for me to do is key i have a fair amount of knowlage about tunning but i dont got a lot of tools so im currently workin outa my friends shop and hes helping me a little with pointers and specs on the car basicly my dream for this is 400rwhp with as much durability left on the motor(stock or slightly modified internals) and the littlest amount of cash spent but i want my parts to be quality too and i know ill have to sacrofice in some areas right now were working on a full exaust/intake the tune and hopefuly 125 shot of no2 and with supporting mods i hope i can pull around 400rwhp to the car cuz it will be daily drivin sometimes and sometimes ill be at the track i would love to just give it an exaust and intake and call it good but tellin me not to mod it is like putting crack infront of a druggie and tellin him not to smoke it lol .. aint gonna work iv been drag racin for about 3 years now and iv never gotten outa the low to mid 13s and high 12s so thats the dream for it at this point if anything pops up inbetween i guess ill have to figure it out so yea thx for all ur input guys feel free to keep postin and putin up the facs
Old 12-23-2009, 03:27 AM
snowdevil2002

Originally Posted by Dteal23
yup, it doesnt bug me i dont give a ****... but when install my blower (thinking about going with single turbo instead) and get ready for a tune i'm going with sct.
yea lol mine are out 2 ... they were like that when i bout the car ill update my profile soon and put in some pics
Old 12-23-2009, 05:02 AM
AU2BOT
2nd Gear Member

Havnt used the Diablo tuner myself but has great success with the SCT X3 with my custom tunes from Brenspeed
Old 12-23-2009, 06:26 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99BlackPonyGT
not sure, ill ask him and post back up in this thread after he tells me...i know hes had a lot of problems with **** not running how its supposed to

ill get back to you
exactly why Diablo sucks cak right there.

SCT and Sniper are the only tuners worth their salt.
Old 12-23-2009, 07:46 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

SCT is the most poular i believe. my friend has a diablo for his Mach 1 and he liked it, didint have as much play room like my sniper does though
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
exactly why Diablo sucks cak right there.

SCT and Sniper are the only tuners worth their salt.
Yeah...he actually hasn't made his point yet. I don't doubt that some people may have problems, but I have not experienced any and some people just talk bad about it for no reason....
Old 12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Yeah...he actually hasn't made his point yet. I don't doubt that some people may have problems, but I have not experienced any and some people just talk bad about it for no reason....
Iv owned every tuner but SCT. The superchips was idiot proof but lacked features. The Diablo had features but NEVER worked. Like the rev limiter for instance was always faked up and the adjustability for timing is lame at best.

SCT has always gotten it right, never had any of my friends bitch about functionality like the ones who have diablos have.

your gonna get the most power from the handheld capabilities from sniper special forces and SCT every time. When it comes to the dyno, thats a horse of a different color because they all are relatively the same when it comes to the actual software for tinkering.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Iv owned every tuner but SCT. The superchips was idiot proof but lacked features. The Diablo had features but NEVER worked. Like the rev limiter for instance was always faked up and the adjustability for timing is lame at best.

SCT has always gotten it right, never had any of my friends bitch about functionality like the ones who have diablos have.

your gonna get the most power from the handheld capabilities from sniper special forces and SCT every time. When it comes to the dyno, thats a horse of a different color because they all are relatively the same when it comes to the actual software for tinkering.
Well, I guess I will have to make the swap this spring then. It is hard to do when you don't have personal negative experience, but now that you mention the rev limiter, I'm really not sure mine is working right. I'm still playing with the shift points and rev limiter, but sometimes it bounces before it shifts even though the shift point is lesser than the rev limiter. I guess that could be the fault of the Diablo. (would be better than it being the transmission)
Old 12-24-2009, 05:23 AM
snowdevil2002

Well, I guess I will have to make the swap this spring then. It is hard to do when you don't have personal negative experience, but now that you mention the rev limiter, I'm really not sure mine is working right. I'm still playing with the shift points and rev limiter, but sometimes it bounces before it shifts even though the shift point is lesser than the rev limiter. I guess that could be the fault of the Diablo. (would be better than it being the transmission)
i would pray that it would be diablo if i were u lol

Quick Reply: ok guys time to do some work!!! SCTvsDiablo