4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Garage got broken into last night...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Mares Motorsports
1st Gear Member

Default Garage got broken into last night...

woke up this morning, went to let the dog outside. When I looked at the garage, I realized the side door was cracked open. Usually, this door is locked and never used since both me and my girlfriend have garage door openers in both mustangs, so it was a bit of a surprise.

I went over and looked inside...

Both the 96 GT and the 04 Mach 1 have been keyed all the way around.
The Mach has F*** keyed into the hood, and the GT has You in it's hood.

Both my 67 Coupe and 73 Mach 1 had the stereo's stolen out of them, but luckily were not keyed. They did however open both hoods on the cars, I'm not sure what they did yet.

I then opened the main garage door, looked outside and saw broken glass on the driveway next to my Dodge. They stole the stereo out of that, along with the 2 10" Kickers under the backseat, and the GPS unit I had locked in the glove box. It's also been keyed down the drivers side.

It also just so happens that I had taken home the shop truck last night, a 2009 F-350 Club Cab 4x4, which was parked right behind my Dodge. It's been keyed down the drivers side...the side away from the house.

I've called into work today, been talking with insurance all morning.

Luckily, whoever broke in had kicked in the door, breaking the door trim that holds the deadbolt. So everything is not being filed as neglegance against me. So far, they're going to cover both the 96 & 04 as far as paint, and will cover the window in the dodge. I'm going to have to file a seperate home owners claim for the shop truck, which is doubtful that will be covered. The stereo was aftermarket in the Dodge, and will not be covered. I have full coverage with no deductable on the classics, and upon faxing the receipts of the stereo's that were in them, will be reinburst for the loss.

My neighbor had to give my girlfriend a ride to work this morning because as told by insurance we shouldn't touch anything in case of prints.

Must say, best morning I've had in weeks.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
SilverGT03
3rd Gear Member

Wow, sorry to hear that man. It's unbelievable how stupid people can be sometimes. Hope you catch them.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

thats nuts! im real sorry to hear that man... At least the paint is covered like you said. What about the stereos? Are they covered?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Any recent people that have been pissed off at you or felt you ripped them off?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
atrain59
1st Gear Member

Damn thats sucks, sorry to here that. At least everything can be fixed
Old 01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
03BottleFedGT
3rd Gear Member

sorry to hear that man thats why my garage's have 2 alarms each
Old 01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

wow, whose cheerios did you take a big hot steamy dump in? Sucks big time dude.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:48 PM
02stang2113
4th Gear Member

Wow, F*ck them people that do that kind of sh*t... let me know if they catch them
Old 01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

Jez man that sucks, must say though, you need to get a better dog lol! Just kidding, but seriously, a kid I went to high school with, his dad has a ford GT (the super car) and he has to rottweilers that live in the garage with the car. Sorry to hear about the cars though, hopefully everything will get worked out for you.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Mares Motorsports
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys.

It's an ongoing occurance around here. Last friday a house about 4 doors down had their 98 Chevy broken into and stole everything out of it. Luckily for him, it's a chevy and they just pried up the door handle. My dodge wasn't quite as easy to do this to, so they just smashed out the window. Of course, it's raining here in Idaho, so I've had to pull out my 96 and the 04 to put my truck in the garage now, seeing as I'm too proud to duct tape a garbage bag in the window.

The stereo's in the 67 and 73 are going to be covered, the stereo and gps in my truck won't be. They didn't take any of the stereo's out of the 04, the 96, or my work truck. I'm guessing because they all have the stock stereos in them.

The paint is being covered by insurance, which I'm thankful for on my girlfriend's Mach 1. Mine however, I wish they'd just cut me a check for it, because I planned on repainting it gun metal gray. The only panels they didn't hit on both cars were the back bumper and roofs and headlights. They went around both taillights on both cars, trunk lids, down the doors, quarters, and fenders, then the front bumpers.

Of course, my girlfriend's freaked out about it, so Brinks will be here in the afternoon to install a home security system.
My truck does have an alarm, the only problem is it's extremely sensitive, and we have cats that roam the neighborhood and always climb up on my truck, setting the alarm off. So it's never set at the house. I, however, would rather wake up at 3 in the morning now, run out to see cats scrambling down the street instead of morons.

I love our border collie, but she's an indoor dog and loves to play. She didn't bark last night or anything, so... I'm going to get and chain up a black pitbull, shave his head & give him a mohawk, put a spiked collar on him, name him cuddles and set him loose in the garage at night.

Pretty decent alarm systems if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Garage got broken into last night...