4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Any Problems with new Trick Flow Twisted Wedged heads for 2V's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 02:42 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Do you know why nick??? Are they just terrible for quality or what???

The heads released are good quality, its problems with their supplier for one of the parts last I heard. You can't polish a turd, the raw parts have to meet spec or else they get the ax.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:52 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Wow, you dont know who youre talking to my friend...Nick is very respected here and im sure he, nor any of us, appreciate your comment. And i would post on here more to let us know your knowledge before you go bad mouthing one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:31 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I agree with teej. Even if you are correct, try to exercise some tact in your comments. I totally agree that there are too many rumors going around and a whole lot of BS being floated over the internet. But if you want people to believe the stuff you post (like that you are a factory direct dealer for trick flow) how about acting like an adult first.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:25 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Considering I was one to get a sample head even before they were released, and the heads have always had delivery delays since day one, I wonder how long this snow storm has been raging................

To be honest I have heard so many different things now I don't know what to believe, but every time I order a set its weeks before I see them and has been that way for over a year now.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:26 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

That's an insane amount of snow!! In Houston it doesn't snow. =(
Old 02-20-2010, 01:48 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

lol theres a honda in that lot that disappeared completely...
Old 02-20-2010, 01:49 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

oh yea...and i can vouch for gearhead being a dealer of trickflow... hell i think he had group buys posted on several other forums when these things were brand new...
Old 02-20-2010, 01:56 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Well the reason why I state about post count is that we havent seen you here a whole lot and we dont know if whats coming out of your posts is going to be right or not. Now I will say this, I made a respectable comment to you to not be calling respectable people on here retards. But you turn around and offer that response? Nick was one of the first people to get a test head of the tf heads before they came out...like he said in one of his posts. You can rant and ramble and thats just going to make it worse for you in the end. But I really think that you should show some more respect on here. You just rant and ramble about pure BS. And I dont see what your deal is with Nick and threatening to have his trickflow stuff pulled. Thats just downright wrong and completely unjustified. He is saying that one of Trickflow's SUPPLIERS is not sending them up to par products that TFS doesnt want in their product. So he is actually praising TFS for not putting up with inferior quality parts. But you sir, need to calm down.

And i dont doubt that he is a supplier, but if Trickflow is putting people like this out there as a factory direct dealer...they might want to try to find people with more...people skills and respect to call out people who they know nothing about and threaten to have their trickflow products pulled out from underneath them. Just saying i'd rather deal with more respectable, professional people when buying a set of $2000 heads or something.

Last edited by teej281; 02-20-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

sooooo, lets get back to these heads, does anyone have a 3rd party dyno of a before/after of these heads? I'm not questioning TFS but I never listen to #'s from companies.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:06 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

blahhhh edit...not even worth the hassle of arguing...people on MF know everything

Last edited by 99BlackPonyGT; 02-20-2010 at 02:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Problems with new Trick Flow Twisted Wedged heads for 2V's?