4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Jive's AIS alchy/water injection kit install thread

Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by jivepepper
I will break out the instructions next time I visit the john lol.
Cool!
Then it's red flagged!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:23 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Going to have a big bowl of raisin bran lmao.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:40 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

From what I understand my tuner is installing it so if the temperature increases(meth is not disbursing) then the timing will dumb down. He is also installing and led light near my dash that will light up when the tank is low.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
From what I understand my tuner is installing it so if the temperature increases(meth is not disbursing) then the timing will dumb down. He is also installing and led light near my dash that will light up when the tank is low.
I could have had the low sensor light thrown in. But with a 3 gallon tank you would really need to never check to run out. On street car that would last for weeks/months. Depending on the power output just checking once a week would be more than enough. Plus you also need to put another hole on the tank for the sensor. But it is nice reminder if you forgot. I check my fluids everytime I take the car out for the day lol.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:58 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

I had a Snow kit (junk IMHO) with all their bells and whistles but did not trust it
Not gonna sacrifice my built block if it was to fail and the safe injection did not do it's job
Old 02-18-2010, 08:03 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
I had a Snow kit (junk IMHO) with all their bells and whistles but did not trust it
Not gonna sacrifice my built block if it was to fail and the safe injection did not do it's job
I plan keeping my fmic also. Some people are saying it would make more boost but I want one system to back up the other. I will be using snow's boost juice at first.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:05 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Originally Posted by jivepepper
I plan keeping my fmic also. Some people are saying it would make more boost but I want one system to back up the other. I will be using snow's boost juice at first.
Yea, that would be the only stipulation is that I keep my FMIC and add meth to that
Boost juice is a good mix and fairly cheap through Summit
Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
Yea, that would be the only stipulation is that I keep my FMIC and add meth to that
Boost juice is a good mix and fairly cheap through Summit

Yeah it's $7.50 a gallon that way but it's an accurate mix everytime without any hassle. Then you add in summits handling fee and it's $10. I need to find it for 30 or less with free shipping or including shipping and summit will price match lol.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:25 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Hmmm, maybe the brand has something to do with it. Meth setups are pretty popular in this area and the supposed "best tuner in stl area" specializes in them. I will definitely let you guys know how it turns out though, you are kinda scaring me, but there are so many people around here that swear by these set ups it is hard to out weigh.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:39 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm, maybe the brand has something to do with it. Meth setups are pretty popular in this area and the supposed "best tuner in stl area" specializes in them. I will definitely let you guys know how it turns out though, you are kinda scaring me, but there are so many people around here that swear by these set ups it is hard to out weigh.
Anything can fail. You could lose fuel pump power, lean out and blow the motor. Just buy the most reliable kit (which you have) and don't take short cuts. There's some risk in this hobby regardless.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jive's AIS alchy/water injection kit install thread