4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Jive's AIS alchy/water injection kit install thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:52 AM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Default Jive's AIS alchy/water injection kit install thread

I just wanted to document my AIS achy/water injection kit install.

I just received the kit this afternoon, and my first impression was how well the kit was packed and organized in the box.

I went with the stage 2 competition trunk mount kit set up with a TRI nozzle upgrade and utilizing a a progressive controller.

One nozzle before the head unit and two small ones at the throttle body. One could be used at the TB, but two small ones will do the same thing but allowing for finer atomizing and more surface area to allow for increased cooling.

Now I start digging in the box, and wow does everything look top notch, and well thought out. I have taken several pics and when It starts warming up I will start with the install. I might get some close of the jets if people want to see them.

http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.c...duct_info.html

Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Fancy! What kind of IAT are you looking/hoping for from this kit?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

NICE! My car is in the shop getting this exact kit right now...can't wait. Keep us updated on how it turns out.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
Fancy! What kind of IAT are you looking/hoping for from this kit?
I'm really going to be over spinning the blower so we'll see. I also have a FMIC so they weren't high before. But I'm also going to pulley down. I'll have the tuner data log the iats and post them in this thread.

Originally Posted by lilcrate
NICE! My car is in the shop getting this exact kit right now...can't wait. Keep us updated on how it turns out.
Cool. Let me know how it works. Did you get the tri nozzle upgrade? Are you going to run straight meth of mix? Did you get the progressive controller?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
lilcrate
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jivepepper
I'm really going to be over spinning the blower so we'll see. I also have a FMIC so they weren't high before. But I'm also going to pulley down. I'll have the tuner data log the iats and post them in this thread.

Cool. Let me know how it works. Did you get the tri nozzle upgrade? Are you going to run straight meth of mix? Did you get the progressive controller?

Not sure about tri nozzle upgrade or progressive controller, dont know a whole lot about it. It might sound stupid but my tuner is tuning it for a particular brand of windshield wiper fluid.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lilcrate
Not sure about tri nozzle upgrade or progressive controller, dont know a whole lot about it. It might sound stupid but my tuner is tuning it for a particular brand of windshield wiper fluid.
Well it depends on the power you're looking for. That would determine the nozzle set up. The main difference between the stage 1 and 2 is the controller and probably the size of jet needed. The both look similar.

Alot of people use windshield washer fluid so it doesn't sound stupid at all. Some are around 50% meth/water as long as there standards are strict it will always stay consistent but some companies are not. That's why I perfer to buy something like boost choice which promises a perfect 49/51% ratio or getting straight meth and distilled water and mixing your own.

I'm also considering running straight meth.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:24 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Ive heard as long as youre using the -20 degree stuff that is blue in color you will be fine. Sounds like an alright idea to me. And jive, youre going to be spinning that thing more than before?! You were already at 20lbs before!!! What boost you looking at getting with this setup and power youre looking for??? I guess this is more or less the added octane but the nozzle before the blower to keep the blower cooler too right???
Old 02-18-2010, 05:58 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Jive, youre going to be spinning that thing more than before?! You were already at 20lbs before!!! What boost you looking at getting with this setup and power youre looking for??? I guess this is more or less the added octane but the nozzle before the blower to keep the blower cooler too right???
Yes I might spin it faster, but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue to rev the car to 7k any more. So maybe more Sc rpm's compared to engine rpm, but not more over all. I'm pretty happy with 20 psi but it would be nice to see that a few hundred rpm's sooner.

One of the main reasons I want it is the octane boost. I made 638 on straight 93 and 665 with a added can of torco. If I made 665+ without the need for torco to feel safe I would be happy. We'll have to wait see the results.

Even though there was only 30 hp difference it felt alot lazier than 30 hp under the curve. I would pick up a few mph at the track from changing over to the torco tune. When you are already around a 130 trap, 30 hp shouldn't make that big of a difference, but it did. The added timing really helped to spool up the SC.

Last edited by jivepepper; 02-18-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:04 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

It does look like a nice kit
What kind of safety devices does it have if it does not spray
Old 02-18-2010, 06:15 PM
jivepepper
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
It does look like a nice kit
What kind of safety devices does it have if it does not spray

I know it has a way to use the controller as a fail safe by linking it to a electronic boost control but I haven't figured out how to apply that to my SCT tuning yet.

I'm no expert but Rodeny the owner of AIS has been very helpful and I'm sure he would be willing asnwer those questions on their site. I will let him know of this and see what he says. I also need to read my instruction book and I'll try to get back with you. I have gotten to far into it yet because of the weather. I know it has check vavles, and availble low level switches etc.. I will break out the instructions next time I visit the john lol.

Quick Reply: Jive's AIS alchy/water injection kit install thread