4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

decision made for my control arms and couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 05:30 PM
j3xx3j

Default decision made for my control arms and couple of questions

well my stock control arms are shot. i was debating on whether going towards sumthing like non adjustables factory oem style. well i finally made a decision towards getting the dual adjustables upper and lower control arms from racecraft inc. based in madison lake minnesota. and with those i am also picking up strange engineering single adjustable 10 way rear shocks shocks

any of you guys have any opinions about these certain parts?

can you guys direct me towards a thread or a website that explains more on adjusting
suspension. or is test and tuning them and learning as you go will be my best my answer, or learn as i race?

thanks everyone
Old 03-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Never heard of them, although I thought Racecraft was a Saleen brand. I'm sure just about any aftermarket lower control arm will be an improvement over the stock pieces; but myself and many others here will swear by Maximum Motorsports lca's. Griggs lca's are supposed to be great pieces, too. As far as the uppers, I would just replace the bushings and call it done. Or go with a Watt's Link setup, which will eliminate them. Moving to a more rigid uca will likely introduce additional suspension bind, although I think people with rides more purpose built for drag racing sometimes use the adjustable uca's. Check the stickies here (and Jazzer's "suspension guide" link on his signature), there's some good info available that can explain things about our crappy stock suspension much better that I can.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:16 AM
j3xx3j

well racecraft inc is small company that caters to hardcore racers. their not all that mainstream, most of their customers are racers from nmra and nmca here is a list. and thank you for the information that you have given me. i am gong to look into the watts link i have been loiking at fayes watts link i think thats the name of it but i think they cater to the 04 models

but here is a link of racecraft inc's customers

http://www.racecraft.com/index.php?m...d84233ded4fd02