4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Summer wheel burnouts....

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:02 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by teej281
If a day goes by that i dont launch my car(if i drive my car that day), then there is something wrong with me. lol Nitto NT555's are a great DD tire that will hook reasonably and last a while, without costing an arm and a leg...just an arm but they are great tires for the price.
YES! YES! A great Summer tire, just with the tire you have to be careful driving (if you do) in the rain with then out. Maybe i have a lead foot but i've almost biffed it a few times because of those tires under wet conditions.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

They did quite well for me in the rain actually. lol
Old 04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

See my situation is that I want to buy a tire to get me through this summer. I'm either building up my 4.6 2v and supercharging it or I'm going to look into dropping the new 5.0 in it. I want old school muscle with a new twist to it for my car. I don't even care if it has air conditioning, I'll put a damn fan in it. This is going to be my toy forever. I want it to be 500rwhp minimally and just something that I can keep in the garage to look at and romp the hell out of it every weekend. Part of the reason why I don't like the new mustangs is because they have become much more generalized in my opinion with these damn reverse cameras and navigations and all of these bells and whistles, all while gaining 100's of extra pounds. I want mine sleek and clean looking with nothing other than 2 seats, fatass tires and a loud motor putting out big power. Sorry for the rant but that is my reasoning for only wanting tires for a few months. I'm saving for a beater and realistically won't be driving the stang other than a few times a month now for a stress reliever.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:21 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by teej281
They did quite well for me in the rain actually. lol
Overall, i'd say the same just once in a while.... lol. Maybe i just drove crazy a couple times. Prob so ahahaha
Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by SonicMustang143
See my situation is that I want to buy a tire to get me through this summer. I'm either building up my 4.6 2v and supercharging it or I'm going to look into dropping the new 5.0 in it. I want old school muscle with a new twist to it for my car. I don't even care if it has air conditioning, I'll put a damn fan in it. This is going to be my toy forever. I want it to be 500rwhp minimally and just something that I can keep in the garage to look at and romp the hell out of it every weekend. Part of the reason why I don't like the new mustangs is because they have become much more generalized in my opinion with these damn reverse cameras and navigations and all of these bells and whistles, all while gaining 100's of extra pounds. I want mine sleek and clean looking with nothing other than 2 seats, fatass tires and a loud motor putting out big power. Sorry for the rant but that is my reasoning for only wanting tires for a few months. I'm saving for a beater and realistically won't be driving the stang other than a few times a month now for a stress reliever.
Yea thats what i want to do as well. Prob once I get a job & on the next mustang since this one is an auto. I really would like a termi. Even more so than an new 2011 5.0 JUST cuz i agree w/ u. (Bolded). SO true, i want a muscle car not a luxury car dang.

Edit: UNLESS Ford brought back the SONIC blue color. Then im sold
Old 04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I would love to drop the new 5.0 into my car. Or I'd love to do a termi conversion on my car (supercharger and the 4v motor) even though obviously it won't be a terminator I just think the whole purpose of these cars are to be toys. Old School muscle FTMFW
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

i think you answered your own question....buy tires just to get you by, especially if you have that big of plans for the car.