4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

TUNE DAY IN VA?

Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 AM
saveme20
1st Gear Member

Default TUNE DAY IN VA?

I am looking to get a custom tune done in va but tuners are so expensive by yourself it's not even funny so I wanted to see if there was any of you guys in va looking to set a time for a tune day and a good tuner.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:15 AM
joeybutts
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by saveme20
I am looking to get a custom tune done in va but tuners are so expensive by yourself it's not even funny so I wanted to see if there was any of you guys in va looking to set a time for a tune day and a good tuner.
Where are you located? VA is kind of broad.....
Old 04-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Daveo2k6
2nd Gear Member

Im in King George, VA.. I am also apart of this other forum. Northern Virginia Mustang Club and I get emails all the time about tune days.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:40 PM
saveme20
1st Gear Member

i live in manassas
Old 04-20-2010, 01:57 PM
joeybutts
4th Gear Member

Oh....I'm in Hampton.....:/
Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
saveme20
1st Gear Member

help yall i know more of yall live near me besides 2 people lol i tried excessive but the guy is a rip off gave me 3 quotes on the same thing cause things kept coming up and couldn't get it done and each time he got higher and higher not to mention he was rude as hell he even hung up on me assssssssss! ohwell haha but yea i deff need a tune cause bama cant seem to get it right i keep getting pinging
Old 04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Daveo2k6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by saveme20
help yall i know more of yall live near me besides 2 people lol i tried excessive but the guy is a rip off gave me 3 quotes on the same thing cause things kept coming up and couldn't get it done and each time he got higher and higher not to mention he was rude as hell he even hung up on me assssssssss! ohwell haha but yea i deff need a tune cause bama cant seem to get it right i keep getting pinging
Im telling ya man.. check out The Northern Virginia Mustang Club. There is a bunch of guys apart of that and they have forums. They do dyno days and im sure you could ask when they will do it again
Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Daveo2k6
They do dyno days and im sure you could ask when they will do it again
dyno days being the key word, OP they don't do tune days, infact no one I know does, I'm part of the NVMC and know personally, a good number of the guys there, there are no tune days done...why?? that is a case by case basis and one can rack up hours getting the tune right...getting a tune done isn't like lining up for a car wash and they run them all through one by one like a revolving door, In Md there a few good tuners but cheap is not what you want, cause you'll get what you pay for, Look for a Quality tuner, and cost will be what it'll be
Old 04-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Daveo2k6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
dyno days being the key word, OP they don't do tune days, infact no one I know does, I'm part of the NVMC and know personally, a good number of the guys there, there are no tune days done...why?? that is a case by case basis and one can rack up hours getting the tune right...getting a tune done isn't like lining up for a car wash and they run them all through one by one like a revolving door, In Md there a few good tuners but cheap is not what you want, cause you'll get what you pay for, Look for a Quality tuner, and cost will be what it'll be
My bad ha.. I did not fully think that one through. Thanks for clearing that up
Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by Daveo2k6
My bad ha.. I did not fully think that one through. Thanks for clearing that up
no worry...I was just clarifying what the OP THINKS OR MAY ASSUME.....when they do the dyno days , it's just stap the car down and let it rip then unstrap and on to the next one, no tuning is done, it's just get your numbers and go

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TUNE DAY IN VA?