4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Raxiom Sequential Tail Light issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 04:46 PM
CarNoobLovingIt

Default Raxiom Sequential Tail Light issue

Just installed the Raxiom Sequential tail lights on my 2004 Mustang GT. Now when I'm not hitting the brakes or using the turn signal the third light out on the drivers side and the second light on the passenger side dont light up as if the bulb is out. But when I hit the brake or use the turn signals they light up fine, they light up in sequence just how they should. I'm thinking it's the bulbs but I'm not sure.

The rest of the bulbs are fine it's just that 3 bulb out on the drivers side and the second bulb out on the passenger side.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:09 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CarNoobLovingIt
Just installed the Raxiom Sequential tail lights on my 2004 Mustang GT. Now when I'm not hitting the brakes or using the turn signal the third light out on the drivers side and the second light on the passenger side dont light up as if the bulb is out. But when I hit the brake or use the turn signals they light up fine, they light up in sequence just how they should. I'm thinking it's the bulbs but I'm not sure.

The rest of the bulbs are fine it's just that 3 bulb out on the drivers side and the second bulb out on the passenger side.
Hey,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are experiencing during this situation, this is definitely a peculiar circumstance.

My first suggestion would be to move the bulbs to different plug locations to see if the problem moves with them. If the problem moves, it is most likely the bulbs and getting a replacement set should solve the problem. If the problem stays at the same locations even after the bulbs are moved, it would be safe to say something is wrong with the harness.

If this is the case, definitely give our customer service team a call and we would be happy to take the defective harnesses back, set you up with a new set, and send you a label to cover the shipping back to us.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan