4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Installing MM CC plates...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default Installing MM CC plates...

...Wish me luck. What a PITA.

How low was everyone able to lower their car after the CC were installed? I stalled a Kmember with offset rack bushings and Coil overs and was thinking of putting it about 2 inches from the tire.

Maximum Motorsports kit is really nice, for anyone that might question their QC.

Will take pictures to share.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I installed mine and it was a PITA. Have fun and make sure you got plenty of beer lol

Edit: I rocking out H&R Sport Springs & MM CC Plates
Old 05-04-2010, 01:34 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

What are you using to lower the car? Standard spring set up or coil over? I'm guessing by the fact that you said you'll be choosing your ride height.. coil overs.

I don't have a measurement off the ground.. but I'm probably dropped around 2" and I maxed out my CC plates so I'm still rocking some decent negative camber.

Question... why did you choose offset rack bushings opposed to something like a steed bumper steer kit? I have heard the offset bushings just flip around and actually exaggerate the problem, I would keep your eye on that.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
What are you using to lower the car? Standard spring set up or coil over? I'm guessing by the fact that you said you'll be choosing your ride height.. coil overs.

I don't have a measurement off the ground.. but I'm probably dropped around 2" and I maxed out my CC plates so I'm still rocking some decent negative camber.

Question... why did you choose offset rack bushings opposed to something like a steed bumper steer kit? I have heard the offset bushings just flip around and actually exaggerate the problem, I would keep your eye on that.
Yes, Coil overs.. The offset rack bushings came with the K member. I had also heard the same thing about the bushing so when I installed them I pinned them.

Update for today:
The wife couldn't wait to drive her car with the new wheels, brakes & headlights so she took the car to work and left me in the middle of the driveway with my tool box all ready to work. :0(

Mike is sad.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

the only part that sucked was drilling the holes, but otherwise its pretty strait forward
Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
I have heard the offset bushings just flip around and actually exaggerate the problem, I would keep your eye on that.
I've also heard the same thing, but after about 3 years mine (BBK poly's) are still where they're supposed to be (I get bored and start looking around when I'm changing oil and waiting for it to finish draining). In addition to the rack bushings I also did a Baer bumpsteer kit (not sure if that's needed for coilovers though). My friend who installed the c/c plates said it wasn't too bad, but he also had the benefit of a full shop and alignment rack at his disposal.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 PM
K Z
2nd Gear Member

I put these on as well and the hardest thing was the drilling out two holes. I think they are a very quality product that every mustang should have, lowered or not.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Moonshine
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by K Z
I put these on as well and the hardest thing was the drilling out two holes. I think they are a very quality product that every mustang should have, lowered or not.
This.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM
mustang430
3rd Gear Member

yeah i didn't think it was too bad either....you'll be fine!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 PM
mustang430
3rd Gear Member

i usually get alot of people compliment me on how my car sits. i installed a teamZ kmember/strange coil over kit/mm cc/strange adj. struts and this is how it sits!

Quick Reply: Installing MM CC plates...