4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

T-Trim Numbers In!!!!! The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:14 PM
vanquish
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0949er
I would think so man. The t-trim is not a baby blower haha, this thing is killer. Just take my numbers for example. Im telling the tuner after each run that I want lower numbers lol, so with him keeping my power down as much as possible, Im still crankin past 450 on a semi-retarted system.

He says that it moves so much air that it just gets too much turbulence from the air-filter side to get a good reading, just too much fluctuation

to the guys doubting numbers:

I assure you this is REAL rwhp we are talking about, lol. I would say that Its pretty efficient, just look how big it is. I dont care what your GF says, SIZE MATTERS :-p (thats a joke btw lol)

Oh okay I didn't really know that thanks. Now I'm confused on what to do. I was going to keep my S trim and run a 2.87" for 16 psi.

Now it seems I can run a T trim at lower boost and get nice power but like Kerns said I always heard there is no advantage to a T trim until running big boost.

Anyways I guess I need to look into it more but nice numbers.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish
Oh okay I didn't really know that thanks. Now I'm confused on what to do. I was going to keep my S trim and run a 2.87" for 16 psi.

Now it seems I can run a T trim at lower boost and get nice power but like Kerns said I always heard there is no advantage to a T trim until running big boost.

that pulley will make that blower spin REALLY fast so keep that in mind. What are your power goals? I love that the t-trim makes power with lower boost, It could also be that the inter cooler works damn good. He said my temps were awesome, and staying down during the runs. So I know that could have a lot to do with it.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Damn nice numbers i cant wait to see what i make now when im finished.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:29 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by vanquish

A T-Trim and an S-Trim at say 10psi (3.33 pulley) on the same car will put out the same power. A T-Trim at 20psi and an S-Trim at 20 psi the T-Trim will slightly outperform the S-Trim. You cant spin an S-Trim past that, a T-Trim however can be brought up to 26PSI and a T-Trim at 26PSI will destroy an S-Trim at 20psi. People go to T-Trims because the S-Trim can't handle the additional boost. T-Trims are 1% more efficient (produce less heat) than an S-Trim so the difference is negligible.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:50 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Very nice numbers! Those cams are certainly helping you out. Get that thing to the track as soon as the tuning is done and you get some sticky tires!!! I wouldn't waste your time on street tires
Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
Very nice numbers! Those cams are certainly helping you out. Get that thing to the track as soon as the tuning is done and you get some sticky tires!!! I wouldn't waste your time on street tires
+1... Street tires are worthless with 350+rwhp
Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 PM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

I never had too much of a problem on the street, but that much power at the track with street tires meant basically no traction in 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:59 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

I never had too much of a problem on the street, but that much power at the track with street tires meant basically no traction in 1st, 2nd, and most of 3rd.
ill sell u my 21 lb'ers, excellent condition
Old 05-19-2010, 11:01 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Lol he didn't learn to drive his car at the track with 288rwhp. I can't imagine what will happen with 450rwhp.

Congrats OP and take it to the track asap!
Old 05-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Dteal23
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2000AZ5.0GT
it's really not crazy high for his mods. The T trim is a great blower, intercooled it is astonnishing, not to mention, the cooler the OP has is huge, most likely very efficient, almost too efficient.

I was running 600+ rwhp on my T-trim with a 3.33" pulley, that's a ton (granted I was on an underdriven Crank pulley so I could run higher RPM).

so yeah, a 3.33" on a stock block is impressive.
just saw it was t trim

Quick Reply: T-Trim Numbers In!!!!! The Good, the Bad, and The Ugly