4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

S281 spoiler yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Ford44

You might think about checking the spoilerstore.com. They have some inexpensive spoilers, but they all seem to work well.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:13 AM
huey_33
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
hows the fitament on that $99 spoiler? im about to buy it but i don't want it to fit like ****, are you by any chance online right now? lol.
It fits like a glove. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

S-281 spoiler is a must... I also liked smoked (not blacked out) tails too...
Old 07-08-2010, 09:55 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
S-281 spoiler is a must... I also liked smoked (not blacked out) tails too...
good news and semi-bad news, i ordered the spoiler wed night but it didn't go through till thursday i'll have to wait till tuesday to paint the car i can do most of the prep in between now and then just have to drill new holes in the decklid when the s281 comes, also primer the decklid.

i like smoked headlights i think my tails are staying stock idk. im pretty excited, ended up going with a 98 color scheme thats pretty much the same as my color except it has a "tinted clear coat" which isn't really what it sounds its just a layer inbetween the base and clear to make the car appear darker. I'll have TONS of pics up when its done, hopefully i will have found some headlights by then.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:47 AM
huey_33
2nd Gear Member

You "shouldn't" have to put new holes in the trunk lid if you still have the stock spoiler on your stang. My S281 spoiler used the stock holes.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:06 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by huey_33
You "shouldn't" have to put new holes in the trunk lid if you still have the stock spoiler on your stang. My S281 spoiler used the stock holes.
For some reason cobra spoilers are different, i think they are slightly angled vs the GTs and the mounting holes are different, on several e-bay auctions i saw that the spoilers will fit the stock holes for GTs but not Cobras.

On another note, i can't decide if i like the "black beauty" headlights or not... i might pull the trigger on em today....
Old 07-09-2010, 02:36 PM
huey_33
2nd Gear Member

my bad, totally overlooked the fact that you have a cobra. The black beauty lights look killer, but do be careful if you don't get the one piece headlights/corner lights. I have purchased two types of aftermarket headlights now and on both sets the corner lights fit like $hit and don't line up properly (you can't tell from the pic in my signature). I was looking at getting the one piece smoked headlights so I don't have that problem anymore.

These are the headlights I was thinking about buying but just don't know yet cause I can't figure out if they're too ricey or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by huey_33; 07-09-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

I love those wings as well, especially on the sn-95s. Go for it!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:23 PM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by huey_33
my bad, totally overlooked the fact that you have a cobra. The black beauty lights look killer, but do be careful if you don't get the one piece headlights/corner lights. I have purchased two types of aftermarket headlights now and on both sets the corner lights fit like $hit and don't line up properly (you can't tell from the pic in my signature). I was looking at getting the one piece smoked headlights so I don't have that problem anymore.

These are the headlights I was thinking about buying but just don't know yet cause I can't figure out if they're too ricey or not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95...Q5fAccessories
I like that they're a one piece set up, but I would rather have the stock cobra set-up anytime(maybe with the clear corner lights).
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Explosive

The S281 looks pretty good. I say do it.

Quick Reply: S281 spoiler yes or no?