Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Cops turn a 03 Cobra into a undercover police car.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:48 AM   #41
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang GT, 2002 F150 XLT 4x4 Triton
MustangSVT97r
Send a message via AIM to uberstang1 Send a message via Yahoo to uberstang1

Ill probably get flammed with this one. I don't agree with anyone loosing their car over a street race, but it is the law and I know at face value people will call it a stupid law. But say people street racing, regardless of the cars or people driving them, loose control of their car and smash into a 35 year old single mom driving her 6 year old daughter home from school and the mother and or daughter gets killed? or a 8 year old boy runs infront of the street and you're driving to fast to stop intime and hit the child and he dies. The bottom line is someone died, someone lost a child or a child lost a parent or a wife lost a husband, now the law doesn't seem stupid especially for the ones that lost a loved one.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM   #42
jwog666
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstang1 View Post
Ill probably get flammed with this one. I don't agree with anyone loosing their car over a street race, but it is the law and I know at face value people will call it a stupid law. But say people street racing, regardless of the cars or people driving them, loose control of their car and smash into a 35 year old single mom driving her 6 year old daughter home from school and the mother and or daughter gets killed? or a 8 year old boy runs infront of the street and you're driving to fast to stop intime and hit the child and he dies. The bottom line is someone died, someone lost a child or a child lost a parent or a wife lost a husband, now the law doesn't seem stupid especially for the ones that lost a loved one.
exactly. if everyone who street raced had half a brain this law wouldnt even exist. the problem is there are too many morons that race in areas that have traffic and cause horrific accidents. seems like everyone thinks lawslike this are unfair untill someone they care for gets killed.

to put it in perspective: not everyone who is driving drunk is going to drive like a fool and kill someone, but it happens more often than not, same reason that these laws are so strict.

Granatelli shark plenum, 75mm tb, steeda udp's, pypes catted x pipe, pypes violator catback, steeda tri-ax, 3.73's, spec stage 1 clutch, diablosport tune, tail light sequencers, mach 1 grill delete & chin spoiler
jwog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #43
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang Gt 5 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwog666 View Post
exactly. if everyone who street raced had half a brain this law wouldnt even exist. the problem is there are too many morons that race in areas that have traffic and cause horrific accidents. seems like everyone thinks lawslike this are unfair untill someone they care for gets killed.

to put it in perspective: not everyone who is driving drunk is going to drive like a fool and kill someone, but it happens more often than not, same reason that these laws are so strict.

right, yet you need to consider the fact that when a person gets a DUI, they don't lose their car now do they? In fact, first offenders don't even get their license suspended or do jail time. Often they get a slap on the wrist, some community service maybe.

I do agree with the fact that the whole ideal of street racing has been completely corrupted since it's hayday in the 60's/70's..now everyone in their mom's minvan and brothers corrola has watched the Flipping Fast&Queerious movies and thinks they are a fuccing racecar driver now. Back in the day, you built a car, you raced it, and that was that.

Now, the population has risen 10 fold, town's are now cities, cities are all but impossible to drive in, cops are required to have video cameras in their cruisers, traffic lights have cameras, airplanes catch you speeding, helicopters catch you speeding, and you just plain can NOT out run Motorola...

All of these things combined makes a premeditated street race practically impossible, and an impromptu race just as bad. I no longer attempt to race anyone in anything on the street, it's just not worth the risk.

ALL of that being said, I still completely disagree that the person should lose his car and still have to pay for it. Impound it, sure. Take away his license for 90 days, OK. Give him jail time if he kills someone, ya I get it. But their is no damned reason for them to take his car from him-AND rub salt in the wound by still making him pay the bank note....

Then again, I don't agree with undercover police officers catching speeder's at all. I think it's wrong. It used to be illegal for officer's to even sit and shoot radar without all of their lights on-not anymore...Bullchit, all of it..
BBK Fenderwell, Trickflow 75mm Plenum, Summit 75mm TB, Steeda Triax, King Cobra Clutch, FRPP Flywheel, Steeda Cable Adjuster/Quadrant, SLP catted X-pipe, SLP LM1 exhaust, Sniper SF Tuning, Weld in Full Length SFCs, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutch Discs.

**COP Sticky**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Picture the search button as a clitoris...it opens doors that will satisfy your wildest dreams.
devongarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #44
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 SVT Cobra

i occasionally street race.

hope this helps.

03 Cobra
94 GT - R.I.P. 11/30/08

945LSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #45
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang Gt 5 speed

LMFAO^^^^
BBK Fenderwell, Trickflow 75mm Plenum, Summit 75mm TB, Steeda Triax, King Cobra Clutch, FRPP Flywheel, Steeda Cable Adjuster/Quadrant, SLP catted X-pipe, SLP LM1 exhaust, Sniper SF Tuning, Weld in Full Length SFCs, FRPP 4.10 Gears, Carbon Clutch Discs.

**COP Sticky**

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT View Post
Picture the search button as a clitoris...it opens doors that will satisfy your wildest dreams.
devongarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:29 PM   #46
darknight04
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 mustang gt

So lets say one of these guys are stuck with the bank note on these cars and he decides to act like a rational person and says screw the cops and the banks note and said cop showes up on the guys door step and ask why he hasnt paid the bank.. I sure as hell wouldnt pay it, not one cent of it. credit is smashed but so is everything else because the guy cant get to work now.. They going to take him to jail for not paying the car note? KMA!! I dont race anymore but I did my fair share of it when I was young and if I was as stupid now as I was then I would run like hell to keep my car. Law enforcement is to empowered now and most feel they are above the law, witch is why I have NO love for any of them that abuse there position.
darknight04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #47
sonicx
speed'n

Vehicle: 04 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight04 View Post
So lets say one of these guys are stuck with the bank note on these cars and he decides to act like a rational person and says screw the cops and the banks note and said cop showes up on the guys door step and ask why he hasnt paid the bank.. I sure as hell wouldnt pay it, not one cent of it. credit is smashed but so is everything else because the guy cant get to work now.. They going to take him to jail for not paying the car note? KMA!! I dont race anymore but I did my fair share of it when I was young and if I was as stupid now as I was then I would run like hell to keep my car. Law enforcement is to empowered now and most feel they are above the law, witch is why I have NO love for any of them that abuse there position.
Could someone please explain to me the law? I can't seem to find it via google. I want to know to what extent the Police have the power and by which law gives them the right. Because imo i think there was more to it than just street racing (i maybe wrong... idk the entire story). I just want to know the details of the law. UP here this is no such law. Are we then saying that it depends on state by state>?

Thanks for whom ever could dish the correct details.

sonicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #48
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mustang GT

Whoa wait a second. I saw above that people don't get their license suspended of jail time for their first DUI? That is definitely determined state by state. The law around DUI convictions is certainly different between states. I know for a fact that when you get your first DUI in Connecticut, it is an automatic four month suspension of your license. For example, if you get convicted of a DUI in the state of Virginia, it is 4 months and a weekend in jail.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #49
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Quote:
im sorry, but this has to be coming from the mouth of a dumbass.

03 Cobra
94 GT - R.I.P. 11/30/08

Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #50
98redstang
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1998, Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by gif4445 View Post
I'm sure they were penalized in a court of law and then the cars were takin away. There is not way (constitutionally) that the police department can just take those two cars. The owners were most likely reimbursed somehow........of course thats prob after a huge *** fine haha
+1 this is what i think too

70 trim garret
XE 274 comp cams
P&P heads w/oversize valves
5.0 Forged Teksid Stroker
Victory Jr. Intake
4.10s/Pro 5.0/31 Moser rear
Custom turbo manifolds
3 in downpipe
MM-LCAs-SFCs
Eibach Drag Springs
Lakewood 90/10 Struts
Hoosier Slicks on weld draglites
soon to come:
8 point cage
98redstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #51
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Vehicle: 2012 Race Red Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98redstang View Post
+1 this is what i think too
They can confiscate the vehicle if said vehicle is used in the commission of a crime.

It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

RIP Alex Rinedoller AKA ARDoller/Alexr
code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #52
darknight04
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 945LSTANG View Post
im sorry, but this has to be coming from the mouth of a dumbass.
Well apparently your the voice of reason, tell me why you think im a dumb ***.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:05 PM   #53
budders
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Mustang GT
xxshaunmcgowanxx
Send a message via Yahoo to budders Send a message via Skype™ to budders

I doubt they got reimbursed for their cars.

In charlotte theres gotta be some type of prior warning for them to take your car. Say X amounts of tickets, X Amount of POINTS on your license, X amounts of visits to court, maybe the judge said "If you get caught street racing one more time (on top of the past X times) then we WILL take your car.

Thats honestly how i think these cars got taken away. does anybody else agree with me?

99 Mustang GT V8
, 5 Speed Manual| O/R X-pipe | Shortys | Flo master 40's | CAI | Ford Racing Performance Clutch | Hurst STS | ~Fresh paint | Mach 1 grille, chin spoiler | Xenon Hoodscoop | 18" Saleen Wheels | H&R SS Lowering springs | SCT SF3 91 Octane tune
budders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #54
darknight04
1st Gear Member

Quote:
Never mind, I dont really care, You obviously cant have a rational coversation. Being the new guy on the block ill step back..
Old 07-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #55
Xycose
1st Gear Member

I can't decide if it would be better or worse to have your car taken to be used as an undercover cop car, or in CA where they just take your car and smash it into a cube. At least you get to watch.
Xycose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #56
mestit3
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mach 1

I really want to know what "street racing" is according to the police. I highly doubt you will ever get anything but a ticket or maybe like a 90 day license suspension at most from doing a 0-70 with another guy from a red light. Now if you're doing actual fast and furious type ****, then yeah, I wouldn't be offended by them crushing your car.

Transmission back together.
13.6 @102 (95 degree day in the mountains)

2001 GT 5/4/10 Gone but not forgotten.
mestit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #57
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberstang1 View Post
sure but texting while driving i think is just as dangerous and so it running a red light and picking up stuff that falls in your car while driving, eating while driving a standard, talking on the phone with out a hands free device. I am not flaming you I agree people should be penalized for being stupid but no matter what but life is a gamble just as soon as you walk out the door.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #58
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Quote:
because you said you'd destroy your credit to screw the cop over.

dumbassery....

03 Cobra
94 GT - R.I.P. 11/30/08

Old 07-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #59
sonicx
speed'n

Vehicle: 04 GT

does someone honestly know who could answer my last post?
sonicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #60
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 GT
Johnny-Goonhand
Send a message via Yahoo to kast1376

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestit3 View Post
I really want to know what "street racing" is according to the police. I highly doubt you will ever get anything but a ticket or maybe like a 90 day license suspension at most from doing a 0-70 with another guy from a red light. Now if you're doing actual fast and furious type ****, then yeah, I wouldn't be offended by them crushing your car.
I would guess that it would depend on the cop, what state, and the speed limit on the street you were doing it on.

Here in Sacramento (might be the rest of CA too, but I do not know) 25 over the speed limit is reckless. This usually involves a person going to jail for the night, the car being impounded, and whatever the judge hands out when you go to court.

Some cities out here will take your car as well. Down in So Cal. they were crushing confiscated street racer's cars.

A DUI here will run you about 10k in fees, fines, court costs, etc... and 30 days (I think) with a suspended license. Not to mention your car ins. sky rockets.

I think I am in the minority here, but if you get caught street racing and your car is confiscated, boo hoo. You knew the risk, and you lost. Take your medicine like a man.
kast1376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:48 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, blue, car, cars, charlotte, cobra, cop, dan, ford, lighting, mecklenburg, mustang, nc, police, prodyno, saleen, undercover