4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

A couple of pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Default A couple of pics

A couple of updated pics. Shorty Antenna, bullit pedals, ss mustang letter inserts, new stereo, and meguires 3 stage wax
Attached Thumbnails A couple of pics-1.jpg   A couple of pics-2.jpg   A couple of pics-4.jpg   A couple of pics-5.jpg   A couple of pics-6.jpg  

Old 08-09-2010, 09:42 AM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Very nice looking man, looks like you spent a good amount of time on it
Old 08-09-2010, 10:00 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Thanks. Yea, I've spent a lot of time with it. It's not a daily driver, and is garage kept, so it stays clean for a while
Old 08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Why would you race on a rainy day? lol
Old 08-09-2010, 10:23 AM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

What is that contraption stuck in the pillar?

Also may I suggest running the Ipod cable to your glove box....looks goofy sticking out of your dash and I'm assuming the Ipod sits in your cupholders. I'm a fan of more stealthy installs.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:10 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Wait so that thing just sticks out of the dash? And no CD player? Oh and yea what is that thing in the A pillar?

Car looks good though
Old 08-09-2010, 11:26 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

The a pillar: - that's the microphone. It's a bluetooth stereo, so when someone calls my iphone (even if it's in my pocket), I hit the answer button (remote attaches to the steering wheel) and their voice comes over the stereo speakers, and the microphone picks up my voice. It also has voice recognition, so I can say: call - wife - mobile, and it will do just that. The microphone came with a visor clip, but I didn't like that, so I just sorta tucked it in there, and it works great.

I had them run the iphone cable out of the dash b/c I also have Navigon (turn by turn gps), so on longer trips, I plug that in since it will also charge the phone. I put the phone in a window mount suction cup thingy (which you can sort of see in the last picture). It's a little hard to tell, but the cable hides right above the stereo, in that slot area. I don't usually plug it in, b/c you can still stream music (yes, even pandora) via bluetooth. I just wanted the option there when I want to use the gps.

The front face of the unit flips down to reveal a single cd player (I've only used that once).
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Why would you race on a rainy day? lol
It's a joke really - I NEVER take my car out in the rain...lol.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:42 AM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Yea I figured the CD player was hidden somewhere. That thing is electronically tricked out lol. Nice stuff
Old 08-09-2010, 11:49 AM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by natedog
Yea I figured the CD player was hidden somewhere. That thing is electronically tricked out lol. Nice stuff
Thanks. Having it fully integrated with the iphone (well, it' really the bluetooth) is sweet, and can't recommend it enough.

We recently got a 2009 ford escape, and it has 'microsoft sync' which provides basically the same experience, but just integrated (one option it does have that mine doesn't is voice to text messaging). They're both great set-ups, and basically eliminates distracted driving.

Quick Reply: A couple of pics