4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

No More Fake Badging :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:02 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

LMAO!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 01:30 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for all the support guys!

I post this and go to class at 815 and when I get back at 2 I have 3 pages! hhaha I will try and address all the posts.

I love the look a lot better.

I dont really have any set plans for the car in my head right now. Once I get money, I can think about all that. lol

I have 6k HID's in the car now. Just put them in when I did the emblems. I also bought them from ddmtuning.com for a great deal!

My fogs are slightly tinted, well one of them is. The other one was peeling, so I just peeled the rest off. Where is a good place to buy the fog overlays??

05+ Badges were being debated in my head because of how much the 99-04 badges look like a giant black blob on the fender from far away, but I wasnt sure if they would fit in the registration holes on the fender. Anyone know?

Black Saleens are nice but once again, too much mula haha

The Pony on the brakes came like that but ive seen them on some common Mustang online stores, just do some googling and im sure you'll find them.

And I did buy the car pretty much how it is, so Im not sure about that info but Soldier GT seems to have helped you out.
Thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 01:43 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

looks great man...good job!

now...wash that damn thing! lol
Old 08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Wait did you put HID's in your foglights too after these pics were taken? I see you have HID headlights...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:48 PM
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by AustinBoston17
Thanks for all the support guys!

I post this and go to class at 815 and when I get back at 2 I have 3 pages! hhaha I will try and address all the posts.

I love the look a lot better.

I dont really have any set plans for the car in my head right now. Once I get money, I can think about all that. lol

I have 6k HID's in the car now. Just put them in when I did the emblems. I also bought them from ddmtuning.com for a great deal!

My fogs are slightly tinted, well one of them is. The other one was peeling, so I just peeled the rest off. Where is a good place to buy the fog overlays??

05+ Badges were being debated in my head because of how much the 99-04 badges look like a giant black blob on the fender from far away, but I wasnt sure if they would fit in the registration holes on the fender. Anyone know?

Black Saleens are nice but once again, too much mula haha

The Pony on the brakes came like that but ive seen them on some common Mustang online stores, just do some googling and im sure you'll find them.

And I did buy the car pretty much how it is, so Im not sure about that info but Soldier GT seems to have helped you out.
Thanks
Car looks great! And you can get a Skeleton Pony Cover for an AWESOME price here. He painted me a custom one a couple of months back (there's a thread with pics if you want to check it out) and does great work.

http://emblemcovers.auto.officelive.com/default.aspx
Old 08-23-2010, 03:18 PM
AustinBoston17
2nd Gear Member

Oh I thought you meant headlight HIDs. Haha sorry. No I didnt get the fog HID kit....yet. Is it easy to install?

Yeah I have been on the website. Does the skeleton one look good? I was afraid of the quality. Thanks!

and yes, I do need to wash it. lol But living in Florida, it rains every 6 hours hahaha
Old 08-23-2010, 03:23 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

If you go through DDM tuning again, it is an easy install, same as headlights would be. The only thing is that you order a 880 series bulb with fits nice in the housing, but when you plug into the stock foglight harness from the car, you insert a red and black wire with small spade like connectors. Then seal it however you deem fit.

The reason being (they told me) is their 880 series kit is a universal kit that goes to many diff cars. I may find a plug that is like the stock foglight to solder onto the HID kit. OR (just thought of this as I'm typing) break off the bulb of a stock foglight and utilize the housing and leads. solder the wiring from the HID kit to the bulb housing and now you have a male/female plug type connection.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Nice. I want to debadge the GT emblems for the regular tri-pony emblems. I just think they look better than the obnoxious "GT" emblems on our cars.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:12 PM
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AustinBoston17
Oh I thought you meant headlight HIDs. Haha sorry. No I didnt get the fog HID kit....yet. Is it easy to install?

Yeah I have been on the website. Does the skeleton one look good? I was afraid of the quality. Thanks!

and yes, I do need to wash it. lol But living in Florida, it rains every 6 hours hahaha
Never seen the skeleton one in person, but here's a link to the one he did custom for me.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...installed.html

And I know how you feel about Florida! It's actually raining now! Ugh.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

On the topic of fender badging, i think the stock v6 94-98 pony badges would look awsom on you're fenders. (the one with just the pony and the red white and blue stripes, not the newer ones with the big circle around them). I plan on rocking them on my car they are nice emblems.

Quick Reply: No More Fake Badging :)