4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Kenne Bell or Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

I would vote for a centri blower if it were an option...but that's just the direction I want to go in...lol
Old 09-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Spilotro
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
have you ever seen an 03 in person? a lot different experience then looking at a pic...they blow the appearance of the GT out of the water.
Seen, driven, and tinkered with a little. "Better" as an incredibly subjective word.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 AM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

If I could do it all over again, I'd start with a Cobra....that said, the KB will make it seem like a whole new car though. If you do go KB get the intercooled kit, you'll regret it later if you don't.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:36 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WOH HRSY
If I could do it all over again, I'd start with a Cobra....that said, the KB will make it seem like a whole new car though. If you do go KB get the intercooled kit, you'll regret it later if you don't.
hello stranger. haven't seen your name around in awhile.

you had a KB on that GT right?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:51 AM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by stang23456
I have a 04 GT with 49k miles on it. Im the original owner and its in near perfect condition. Im debating on adding a 6psi kenne bell or buying an 03/04 cobra. I want to keep my stang and add the blower however Im worried about engine/tranny issues with the blower. Thoughts please !

Thanks
I would keep your GT and add the KB. Your car is in near perfect condition, you're the original owner and 6psi isn't going to cause major failures. Your motor will be fine and so will your transmission and by the sounds of it you still enjoy your GT, hence why you said you want to keep it.

Another reason I say keep it because I hate car payments and I don't get a hard-on when people say the word "Cobra" like every other person on the board.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I too do not get a hard-on hearing or reading the word Cobra. Unfortunately it isn't the same case when I see the two words Kenne and Bell put together...
Old 09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
Another reason I say keep it because I hate car payments and I don't get a hard-on when people say the word "Cobra" like every other person on the board.
i hear you with the car payments and hating them i wish i didnt have one on my car but you live and learn i will be paying 430 a month for the next couple years. i dont get a hard-on when i hear people talking about cobra's but i do once i get behind the wheel of my car and have 600 hp on tap
Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

It looks about even, but i'm still shocked at how many would go with a KB GT. First of all if this KB isnt intercooled this is an absolute no brainer. 6 PSI 2V VS Cobra is like a hyena challenging a Lion 1v1. Even with the intercooler the only advantage a KB I/C GT will have is a superior supercharger and an SRA if you drag race. Heres the problem you can't take advantage of that superior supercharger because after 10 PSI your rotating assembly is on thin ice. The Cobras engine is good to 700-800RWHP all you gotta do is pulley and port a stock cobra and the KB GT will be left behind until he forks over cash to forge his block, get a bigger MAF, bigger fuel pump, and bigger injectors. You're only playing catchup with a car that retains value, has 4V heads, better interior, better exterior, better fuel system and the right to say you drive a Terminator, there's a reason we call it that.

I'm Effing anxious to get my car from the shop and have fun with my KB but after dropping thousands I expect to be about door to door with a stock cobra. Had it been my choice I would have saved for a Cobra, but this was my first stang and I needed a car immediately at the time after blowing my dodge intrepid up lol. Either way, they are both really really fun setups and neither are regretful.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:10 PM
WOH HRSY
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
hello stranger. haven't seen your name around in awhile.

you had a KB on that GT right?
Yeah I have the 9 psi intercooled kit...School has really taken a toll on my time here haha.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:29 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WOH HRSY
Yeah I have the 9 psi intercooled kit...School has really taken a toll on my time here haha.
i hear you on that. my posting has already slowed since the summer. its only going to get worse the further i get into school.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell or Cobra